    example code for this?

    thanks

    marc

    libsfan01, May 24, 2007

  2. libsfan01

    RobG Guest

    On May 24, 9:30 pm, libsfan01 <> wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > i have a page which contains an visible nav down the left-hand side.
    > when you click a button it needs to appear. i thought it would be cool
    > to use scriptaculous to make it slide down. can anyone give me an
    > example code for this?

    The place to ask for help about Scriptaculous.js is on the Ruby on
    Rails spinoffs list:

    Incidentally, you can do it with jQuery with a single line and about
    1/6th the amount of supporting script than Prototype.js +
    Scriptaculous:

    $('#id').slideDown();

    --
    Rob

    RobG, May 24, 2007

  3. libsfan01

    libsfan01 Guest

    > The place to ask for help about Scriptaculous.js is on the Ruby on
    > Rails spinoffs list:

    Who decided that? it never used to be

    libsfan01, May 24, 2007
  4. libsfan01

    -Lost Guest

    Re: help with slider/scriptaculous/drop down OT: jQuery call profiling.

    RobG wrote:

    > Incidentally, you can do it with jQuery with a single line and about
    > 1/6th the amount of supporting script than Prototype.js +
    > Scriptaculous:
    >
    > $('#id').slideDown();

    You know, I wondered something recently. Have you ever actually
    profiled something as simple as that call?

    In Firebug, I get 231 (253 executed within my wrapper) calls.

    For slideUp, I get 136 (158 executed within my wrapper) calls.

    Granted, it only takes 20.x milliseconds to execute (even less for
    slideUp), testament to jQuery's efficiency.

    I wonder why so very many calls are required? Especially for so small
    an example... for example. ;)

    --
    -Lost
    kidding. No I am not.