help with slider effect in scriptaculous making a list drop down

libsfan01

hi

i have a page which contains an visible nav down the left-hand side.
when you click a button it needs to appear. i thought it would be cool
to use scriptaculous to make it slide down. can anyone give me an
example code for this?

thanks

marc

RobG

hi

i have a page which contains an visible nav down the left-hand side.
when you click a button it needs to appear. i thought it would be cool
to use scriptaculous to make it slide down. can anyone give me an
example code for this?

The place to ask for help about Scriptaculous.js is on the Ruby on
Rails spinoffs list:

Incidentally, you can do it with jQuery with a single line and about
1/6th the amount of supporting script than Prototype.js +
Scriptaculous:

$('#id').slideDown();

-Lost

RobG said:
Incidentally, you can do it with jQuery with a single line and about
1/6th the amount of supporting script than Prototype.js +
Scriptaculous:

$('#id').slideDown();

You know, I wondered something recently. Have you ever actually
profiled something as simple as that call?

In Firebug, I get 231 (253 executed within my wrapper) calls.

For slideUp, I get 136 (158 executed within my wrapper) calls.

Granted, it only takes 20.x milliseconds to execute (even less for
slideUp), testament to jQuery's efficiency.

I wonder why so very many calls are required? Especially for so small
an example... for example. ;)