Help with socket.gaiaerror: (11001, 'getaddrinfo failed')

Discussion in 'Python' started by franx47, Jul 21, 2008.

  1. franx47

    franx47

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hello sir,

    I'm a novice in python programming. This day, I have an exploit code which I found it at hack websites. It's a python code.

    I try to install everything needed to compile python code. Everything seems to be okay, until I'm stuck while I compile the .exe code.

    The error was like this :

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "exploit.py", line 179, in (module)
    File "exploit.py', line 143, in __init__
    File "exploit.py', line 155, in GetSesc
    File "httplib.py', line 866, in request
    File "httplib.py', line 889, in _send_request
    File "httplib.py', line 860, in endheaders
    File "httplib.py', line 732, in _send_output
    File "httplib.py', line 699, in send
    File "httplib.py', line 667, in connect
    socket.gaiaerror: (11001, 'getaddrinfo failed')

    I'm using proxy server to connect to the internet, my computer was connected with in LAN network at campus. I can not figure out how to solve this problem since I'm novice in python programming.

    Is it related with firewall ??
    I didn't use any firewall from other vendors or from my Win XP itself (I have turned it off), and I also have made exception for 'exploit.exe' in order to be running through firewall.

    So how do I run this code behind proxy server ??
    Is there any configuration I have to set/change ?

    Please I really need help on this.

    I'll be appreciate for any one who want to share their knowledge here.
    Thanks in advance. :)

    Regards,
    Frans
    franx47, Jul 21, 2008