Help with spamassassin perl error messages pls.

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Vince Heuring, Oct 26, 2003.

  1. I'm trying to train spamassassin and running the sa-learn script.
    Unfortunately I get a bunch of perl error messages, and not knowing
    perl I have no idea what's up with them. Anybody have an idea?

    sa-learn --spam SPAM
    Bareword "AF_UNIX" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
    /tools/cs/perl5.sit
    e/lib.common/Mail/SpamAssassin/ArchiveIterator.pm line 128.
    Bareword "SOCK_STREAM" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
    /tools/cs/perl5
    ..site/lib.common/Mail/SpamAssassin/ArchiveIterator.pm line 128.
    Bareword "PF_UNSPEC" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
    /tools/cs/perl5.s
    ite/lib.common/Mail/SpamAssassin/ArchiveIterator.pm line 128.
    BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at
    /tools/cs/perl5.site/lib.com
    mon/Mail/SpamAssassin/ArchiveIterator.pm line 446.
    Compilation failed in require at
    /tools/cs/perl5.site/lib.common/Mail/SpamAssass
    in/CmdLearn.pm line 7.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
    /tools/cs/perl5.site/lib.common/Mail/SpamAs
    sassin/CmdLearn.pm line 7.
    Compilation failed in require at
    /tools/cs/top/spamassassin-2.55/bin/sa-learn li
    ne 46.

    --
    Vince Heuring To email, remove the Vince.
    Vince Heuring, Oct 26, 2003

  2. On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 12:21:50 -0700
    Vince Heuring <> wrote:

    > I'm trying to train spamassassin and running the sa-learn script.
    > Unfortunately I get a bunch of perl error messages, and not knowing
    > perl I have no idea what's up with them. Anybody have an idea?

    <snip>

    Only one - contact the author(s) :)

    Seriously - the spamassassin site has a FAQ you can read, as well as a
    Bugzilla page for bug searching/reporting. It sounds like the way it
    was installed, but that's just a guess.

    HTH

    --
    Jim

    for more information.

    a fortune quote ...
    Education is the process of casting false pearls before real
    swine. -- Irsin Edman
    James Willmore, Oct 27, 2003