Help with spamassassin perl error messages pls.

Vince Heuring

I'm trying to train spamassassin and running the sa-learn script.
Unfortunately I get a bunch of perl error messages, and not knowing
perl I have no idea what's up with them. Anybody have an idea?

sa-learn --spam SPAM
Bareword "AF_UNIX" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
/tools/cs/perl5.sit
e/lib.common/Mail/SpamAssassin/ArchiveIterator.pm line 128.
Bareword "SOCK_STREAM" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
/tools/cs/perl5
..site/lib.common/Mail/SpamAssassin/ArchiveIterator.pm line 128.
Bareword "PF_UNSPEC" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
/tools/cs/perl5.s
ite/lib.common/Mail/SpamAssassin/ArchiveIterator.pm line 128.
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at
/tools/cs/perl5.site/lib.com
mon/Mail/SpamAssassin/ArchiveIterator.pm line 446.
Compilation failed in require at
/tools/cs/perl5.site/lib.common/Mail/SpamAssass
in/CmdLearn.pm line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/tools/cs/perl5.site/lib.common/Mail/SpamAs
sassin/CmdLearn.pm line 7.
Compilation failed in require at
/tools/cs/top/spamassassin-2.55/bin/sa-learn li
ne 46.

James Willmore

I'm trying to train spamassassin and running the sa-learn script.
Unfortunately I get a bunch of perl error messages, and not knowing
perl I have no idea what's up with them. Anybody have an idea?
<snip>

Only one - contact the author(s) :)

Seriously - the spamassassin site has a FAQ you can read, as well as a
Bugzilla page for bug searching/reporting. It sounds like the way it
was installed, but that's just a guess.

HTH

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
Education is the process of casting false pearls before real
swine. -- Irsin Edman