Help with special table format

Lee Harris

Other than trying to work out some way to do it with spacer graphics, is
there any easy way to set up a table such that you can have a dashed line
between certain rows, for example, if you had a league table, and you might
want a class for a td style for the header of the table, then some rows of
data, perhaps with a td class, and then another td class for say the bottom
3 items in a table with different shading, but then how to have a dashed
line between the table data at the top and those bottom three

something like

TITLE OF TABLE (dark colour)
row data (white)
row data (white)
row data (white)
row data (white)
row data (white)
dashed line here
row data (grey)
row data (grey)
row data (grey)

I'm not sure this is possible, but it seems like it ought to be!
thanks in advance for any advice. I could possibly do it with a dashed line
image inserted if I am careful to specify the dimensions of the dashed line
row so it looks right, but I am also filling some tables with dynamic data
from a csv file, so it would be more tricky (although I could have different
dashed image sections placed in each cell on a specific row I suppose)

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Lee said:
Other than trying to work out some way to do it with spacer
graphics, is there any easy way to set up a table such that you can
have a dashed line between certain rows,

I use the following on some pages of mine, that gives a dashed border
between each row:

table { border: 1px solid; }
td { background-color: #f5f5f5; padding-left: 0.5em; padding-right:
1em; border-top: 1px dashed #000; }

See it here:
http://www.countryrode.com/sales/preowned.php

For your case, you would probably want to set up different classes,
and use the above dashed line only on the class of the first of the
grey rows.

Hope that helps.

Lee Harris

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
I use the following on some pages of mine, that gives a dashed border
between each row:

table { border: 1px solid; }
td { background-color: #f5f5f5; padding-left: 0.5em; padding-right: 1em;
border-top: 1px dashed #000; }

See it here:
http://www.countryrode.com/sales/preowned.php

For your case, you would probably want to set up different classes, and
use the above dashed line only on the class of the first of the grey rows.

Hope that helps.

bless you Sir!
(you're not related to that old geezer porn bloke of "Shagnasty & Mutley"
over here in the UK are you, LOL)