Help with special table format

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Lee Harris, Apr 28, 2005.

  1. Lee Harris

    Lee Harris Guest

    Other than trying to work out some way to do it with spacer graphics, is
    there any easy way to set up a table such that you can have a dashed line
    between certain rows, for example, if you had a league table, and you might
    want a class for a td style for the header of the table, then some rows of
    data, perhaps with a td class, and then another td class for say the bottom
    3 items in a table with different shading, but then how to have a dashed
    line between the table data at the top and those bottom three

    something like

    TITLE OF TABLE (dark colour)
    row data (white)
    row data (white)
    row data (white)
    row data (white)
    row data (white)
    dashed line here
    row data (grey)
    row data (grey)
    row data (grey)

    I'm not sure this is possible, but it seems like it ought to be!
    thanks in advance for any advice. I could possibly do it with a dashed line
    image inserted if I am careful to specify the dimensions of the dashed line
    row so it looks right, but I am also filling some tables with dynamic data
    from a csv file, so it would be more tricky (although I could have different
    dashed image sections placed in each cell on a specific row I suppose)

    Lee Harris, Apr 28, 2005

  2. Lee Harris wrote:
    > Other than trying to work out some way to do it with spacer
    > graphics, is there any easy way to set up a table such that you can
    > have a dashed line between certain rows,

    I use the following on some pages of mine, that gives a dashed border
    between each row:

    table { border: 1px solid; }
    td { background-color: #f5f5f5; padding-left: 0.5em; padding-right:
    1em; border-top: 1px dashed #000; }

    See it here:
    http://www.countryrode.com/sales/preowned.php

    For your case, you would probably want to set up different classes,
    and use the above dashed line only on the class of the first of the
    grey rows.

    Hope that helps.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 28, 2005

  3. Lee Harris

    Lee Harris Guest

    > Lee Harris wrote:
    >> Other than trying to work out some way to do it with spacer
    >> graphics, is there any easy way to set up a table such that you can
    >> have a dashed line between certain rows,

    > I use the following on some pages of mine, that gives a dashed border
    > between each row:
    >
    > table { border: 1px solid; }
    > td { background-color: #f5f5f5; padding-left: 0.5em; padding-right: 1em;
    > border-top: 1px dashed #000; }
    >
    > See it here:
    > http://www.countryrode.com/sales/preowned.php
    >
    > For your case, you would probably want to set up different classes, and
    > use the above dashed line only on the class of the first of the grey rows.
    >
    > Hope that helps.

    bless you Sir!
    (you're not related to that old geezer porn bloke of "Shagnasty & Mutley"
    over here in the UK are you, LOL)

    Lee Harris, Apr 29, 2005
  4. Lee Harris wrote:

    > bless you Sir!

    Ah, I'm blessed...

    > (you're not related to that old geezer porn bloke of
    > "Shagnasty & Mutley" over here in the UK are you, LOL)

    *Porn* bloke? Oh my... nooooo..

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 29, 2005