help with the Python 3 version of the decorator module

Michele Simionato

I have finally decided to port the decorator module to Python 3.
Changing the module was zero effort (2to3 worked) but changing the
documentation was quite an effort, since I had to wait for docutils/
pygements to support Python 3 and to change all my custom build
process. Also, I am relying on distribute for installing on Python 3.
I would welcome feedback for people using Python 3 on various
platforms (including Windows) to see if
they can install the module and how much of effort it is.

Here is the tarball: http://micheles.googlecode.com/files/decorator-3.2beta.tar.gz
Here is the documentation: http://micheles.googlecode.com/hg/decorator/index.html

The installation process should work for Python 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7,
3.0, 3.1 and all platforms were Python runs, but I have only tested it
on Linux for Python 2.6 and 3.1. The module has no relevant changes,
so I expect problems only from the building process, if any. I am not
sure of what will happen if you do not have distribute or if you have
a previous version of the module, or if you use pip or something else
(even in Python 2.X). The packaging in Python has become a real mess!

TIA for you help,

Michele Simionato

decorator-3.2.0 has been released on PyPI: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/decorator