Help with the vision of jsp page and with the servlet execution

Piotre Ugrumov

I have written this example file (example.jsp) but if I try to see its with
IE, I see only a white pages.
Thi is the file:
<!-- EXAMPLE.JSP -->
<HTML>
<BODY>

<%out.println("HELLO WORLD");%>

</BODY>
</HTML>
I have installed the "Java(TM) Web Services Developer Pack 1.3" when I view
the example.jsp file, I start tomcat(in start->programms->Java(TM) Web
Services Developer Pack 1.3->start tomcat) but I continue to see a blank
page.
I have tried to see some example of servlet, but when I try to see this
example IE return to me an error page.
What have I do?
Thanks

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

Piotre Ugrumov said:
I have installed the "Java(TM) Web Services Developer Pack 1.3" when I view
the example.jsp file, I start tomcat(in start->programms->Java(TM) Web
Services Developer Pack 1.3->start tomcat) but I continue to see a blank
page.

Have you put the JSP in Tomcat's default context, IIRC it's called
"ROOT" under web-apps? Also, do you access it through the server, e.g.
http://localhost:8080/example.jsp?

Piotre Ugrumov

Andrew Thompson said:
perhaps you should finish the thread
you started here..
http://www.google.com/[email protected]

--
Andrew Thompson

Finally I can see the JSP files thanks!!!
But I have problem with the servlet, now. I have this html file:
<head>
<title>
Servlet HTTP GET Example
</title>
</head>
<form action="http://localhost:8080/HelloWorldExample" method="GET">
<input type="submit" value="get html document">
</form>

The HelloWorldExample is correctly compiled. I put the
HelloWorldExample.class in the directory webapps/root(where there are the
jsp files), but whenm I lunch the html file IE return to me this error:
HTTP Status 404 - /HelloWorldExample

----

type Status report

message /HelloWorldExample

description The requested resource (/HelloWorldExample) is not available.