    when the rest of the page scrolls down? I currently do not have any
    frames and my legend is set up within a table. Is this possible if so
    how? Any help or ref. material would be appreciated thanks!
    deercreek, Oct 23, 2006

  2. deercreek

    Ben C Guest

    On 2006-10-23, deercreek <> wrote:
    > I would like to know if there is away to keep my legend from scrolling
    > when the rest of the page scrolls down? I currently do not have any
    > frames and my legend is set up within a table. Is this possible if so
    > how? Any help or ref. material would be appreciated thanks!

    You can use position: fixed.
    Ben C, Oct 23, 2006

  3. deercreek

    deercreek Guest

    Ben C wrote:
    > On 2006-10-23, deercreek <> wrote:
    > > I would like to know if there is away to keep my legend from scrolling
    > > when the rest of the page scrolls down? I currently do not have any
    > > frames and my legend is set up within a table. Is this possible if so
    > > how? Any help or ref. material would be appreciated thanks!

    > You can use position: fixed.

    Actually I told you wrong I was using a list not a table and the
    location in my css file I have it set as absolute I tried changing to
    fixed but it still scrolls
    deercreek, Oct 23, 2006
  4. deercreek

    Ed Jay Guest

    deercreek scribed:

    >Ben C wrote:
    >> On 2006-10-23, deercreek <> wrote:
    >> > I would like to know if there is away to keep my legend from scrolling
    >> > when the rest of the page scrolls down? I currently do not have any
    >> > frames and my legend is set up within a table. Is this possible if so
    >> > how? Any help or ref. material would be appreciated thanks!

    >> You can use position: fixed.

    >Actually I told you wrong I was using a list not a table and the
    >location in my css file I have it set as absolute I tried changing to
    >fixed but it still scrolls

    Dan, if http://deercreekcg.com is the site you're speaking to, it really
    needs fixing. I tried running the validator, but it choked on your site.

    The very first byte, html> is wrong, there's no doctype, and that's only the
    beginning of your troubles.

    All that said, you'll be wanting to use CSS and absolute position your left
    column so it won't scroll.
    --
    Ed Jay (remove 'M' to respond by email)
    Ed Jay, Oct 23, 2006
  5. Ed Jay wrote:

    > Dan, if http://deercreekcg.com is the site you're speaking to, it really
    > needs fixing. I tried running the validator, but it choked on your site.

    It is a Trellix site. I have never seen one of those that would ever
    come close to validating.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 23, 2006
  6. deercreek

    Ed Jay Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty scribed:

    >Ed Jay wrote:
    >
    >> Dan, if http://deercreekcg.com is the site you're speaking to, it really
    >> needs fixing. I tried running the validator, but it choked on your site.

    >It is a Trellix site. I have never seen one of those that would ever
    >come close to validating.

    Is what I see there typical of what Trellix generates? Good God!
    --
    Ed Jay (remove 'M' to respond by email)
    Ed Jay, Oct 23, 2006
  7. Ed Jay wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty scribed:
    >>Ed Jay wrote:
    >>> Dan, if http://deercreekcg.com is the site you're speaking to, it
    >>> really needs fixing. I tried running the validator, but it choked
    >>> on your site.

    >> It is a Trellix site. I have never seen one of those that would ever
    >> come close to validating.

    > Is what I see there typical of what Trellix generates? Good God!

    S'far as I remember, the source of every Trellix site I have looked at
    was like this one. Last year an acquaintance asked me to help with his
    site. It was Trellix, and I respectfully declined.

    Oh, one more point on the OP's quest to have a fixed non-scrolling menu
    (legend): if it *were* fixed, the last five links would be
    inaccessible, as they would be below the bottom of my viewport. Consider
    an 800x600 monitor, with browser maximized, and with two toolbars plus
    tabs at the top. This leaves a viewport of about 770x400 pixels.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 23, 2006
  8. Ed Jay wrote:
    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty scribed:
    >
    >> Ed Jay wrote:
    >>
    >>> Dan, if http://deercreekcg.com is the site you're speaking to, it really
    >>> needs fixing. I tried running the validator, but it choked on your site.

    >> It is a Trellix site. I have never seen one of those that would ever
    >> come close to validating.

    > Is what I see there typical of what Trellix generates? Good God!

    Seems to have had help from 'guess what'?

    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" ?>

    Winning combo!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 23, 2006
  9. Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Ed Jay wrote:
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty scribed:

    >>> It is a Trellix site. I have never seen one of those that would ever
    >>> come close to validating.

    >> Is what I see there typical of what Trellix generates? Good God!

    > Seems to have had help from 'guess what'?
    >
    ><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
    >"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" ?>
    >
    > Winning combo!

    Isn't that one of those combinations/compounds that explode violently if
    they contact water? :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Oct 24, 2006
  10. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    >> <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
    >> "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" ?>
    >>
    >> Winning combo!

    > Isn't that one of those combinations/compounds that explode violently if
    > they contact water? :)

    I'd say daylight, or I wish they'd never see the light of day!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 24, 2006
  11. On 2006-10-23, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >> Ed Jay wrote:
    >>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty scribed:

    >>> Is what I see there typical of what Trellix generates? Good God!

    >> Seems to have had help from 'guess what'?
    >>
    >><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
    >>"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" ?>
    >>
    >> Winning combo!

    > Isn't that one of those combinations/compounds that explode violently if
    > they contact water? :)

    If water == WWW, then yes.

    Author:
    Chris F.A. Johnson, Oct 25, 2006