Help with web dashboard

Chris

I've written some python scripts to handle different tasks on my Windows
network. I would like for them to be accessible via a single web page
(kind of like a dashboard) but have the scripts run on the web server
(also a Windows box).

Can anyone recommend a way (web server / language / method) of doing
this?

Security is important since this page will be accessible inside the
company, but only people with the appropriate user name / password
should be able to run the scripts.

Larry Bates

I don't know how complicated that you want to get, but Zope has
built in support for a control panel with what are called portlets.
Each portlet can act as an individual sub-window on the control
panel. You convert each of your individal scripts to a portlet
and plug them into a control panel page.

Larry Bates

Chris

Ifd you want to use standard CGI I've written a CGI user
authentication/management module called logintools.

Would this be preferred (or easier) than using an application server
(ie. Zope or Webware)?

If possible, I think it would be nice if the security aspect of it was
already built-in so I would not need to write/test it myself.

Thanks for your help.

Fuzzyman

Chris said:
Would this be preferred (or easier) than using an application server
(ie. Zope or Webware)?

If possible, I think it would be nice if the security aspect of it was
already built-in so I would not need to write/test it myself.

Thanks for your help.

For simple applications, writing CGIs is going to be quite a lot easier
than using something like Zope. If your final product is big and
complex then CGIs probably aren't suitable anyway.

logintools is a module providing user authentication/administration and
user management specifically for CGIs.
Regards,

Fuzzy