Help with writing codes for routing algorithm

ricky

Hi,

I am student and I am doing a final year project on Zig-bee. I have to
write low energy routing algorithms. I need to write routing algorithm
for LEACH.
If anybody can help with some links where I can find basics on how to
write routing algorithms. It will be great.
I have tried to search alot on google but can't find any good links.
There are lot of links that talk about the theory aspects of routing
algorithms. But I am looking from programming point of view. I need to
understand how to write codes for routing algorithms.
I am a final year and this network programming is very new to me.
I'll really appreciate if anyone could provide some information or
sample codes.

Regards,

Raka

Malcolm McLean

ricky said:
Hi,

I am student and I am doing a final year project on Zig-bee. I have to
write low energy routing algorithms. I need to write routing algorithm
for LEACH.
If anybody can help with some links where I can find basics on how to
write routing algorithms. It will be great.
I have tried to search alot on google but can't find any good links.
There are lot of links that talk about the theory aspects of routing
algorithms. But I am looking from programming point of view. I need to
understand how to write codes for routing algorithms.
I am a final year and this network programming is very new to me.
I'll really appreciate if anyone could provide some information or
sample codes.
Define a struct node which consists of a linked list of edges to and edges
from, and a pointer to hang arbitrary data off.
Define a struct edge which consists of a distance, a node to and a node
from, and a next pointer because we store edges in a linked list.

Dust off Skiena's book on algorithms and look for shortest path. It is
NP-complete so unless your network is very small you will have to use
approximations.
Now we're into algorithmic rather than C issues, so implement a slow or
inaccurate version as proof of concept, and then try comp.programming for a
better algorithm.

Nick Keighley

ricky said:
I am student and I am doing a final year project on Zig-bee. I have to
write low energy routing algorithms. I need to write routing algorithm
for LEACH.
If anybody can help with some links where I can find basics on how to
write routing algorithms. It will be great.
I have tried to search alot on google but can't find any good links.
There are lot of links that talk about the theory aspects of routing
algorithms. But I am looking from programming point of view. I need to
understand how to write codes for routing algorithms.
I am a final year and this network programming is very new to me.
I'll really appreciate if anyone could provide some information or
sample codes.

I liked Comer's TCP/IP books
http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/dec/netbooks.html

Vol I describes the protocol
Vol II explains how to implement it

this might be what you need to make the leap from specifiction to
code.