help with XML in Datagrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Frank, Aug 29, 2005.

  1. Frank

    Frank Guest

    I have this XML document which I want to list in a datagrid. I know
    ..NET implicitly infers the
    data relation but I don't know how to manipulate it.

    Here is the document:

    <root>
    <Folders Language="Polish">
    <Master Exists="True"></Master>
    <Document Exists="True"></Document>
    <Page Exists="True"></Page>
    <Component Exists="True"></Component>
    </Folders>
    <Folders Language="US English">
    <Master Exists="False"></Master>
    <Document Exists="False"></Document>
    <Page Exists="True"></Page>
    <Component Exists="False"></Component>
    </Folders>
    <Folders Language="Japanese">
    <Master Exists="False"></Master>
    <Document Exists="True"></Document>
    <Page Exists="False"></Page>
    <Component Exists="True"></Component>
    </Folders>
    <Folders Language="Korean">
    <Master Exists="True"></Master>
    <Document Exists="False"></Document>
    <Page Exists="True"></Page>
    <Component Exists="False"></Component>
    </Folders>
    </root>

    I'm trying to put the Languages along the top row (as a header) and
    "Master, Document, Page, Component" along the first column. The Exists

    Parameter should show up in the cell
    So It would basically have something like this:

    Language |Polish|US English|Japanese|Korean
    Master | True | True | True | True
    Document | False| False | True | False
    Page | Flase| True | False | True
    Component| True | Flase | True | False

    Thanks!
    Frank
    Frank, Aug 29, 2005

  2. Hi,

    If you use the XML document, I recommend you to apply the XSL. It's easier.
    If you need, I can help you to write it.

    --
    Sincerely yours,
    Michael B. Tkachev.

    Michael Tkachev, Sep 1, 2005