Help with XP/IIS/ASP.NET configuration

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by John Cosmas, Jun 3, 2005.

  1. John Cosmas

    John Cosmas Guest

    I have setup an XP box to run my ASP.NET application. My objective is to
    run the application on the XP box and have it accessible to the local
    network for internal use. I've setup the Virtual Directory and added the
    following users and enabled 'Anonymous Login' and 'Integrate Windows
    Authentication'.
    - NETWORK
    - ASP.NET
    - NETWORK SERVICE
    - IUSR_MACHINENAME
    - IWAM_MACHINENAME

    I've also added the following statements into my WEB.CONFIG file.

    <identity impersonate="true" userName="DOMAIN\TESTUSERACCOUNT"
    password="TEST"/>

    <authentication mode="Windows" />

    <authorization>
    <allow roles="Everyone" />

    The IDENTITY IMPERSONATE exists exclusively to help get past the SQL Server
    not accepting NULL user login. I'm able to call up the application using
    HTTP://LOCALHOST/TESTAPP, and I'm able to run it using
    HTTP://MACHINENAME/TESTAPP. However, it keeps prompting me for a
    Windows/Domain level login/prompt everytime I use the
    HTTP://MACHINENAME/TESTAPP from the network. Is there something I'm
    missing? Please help.

    TIA
    John

    John Cosmas, Jun 3, 2005