Help! Xilinx ISE fails to use std_logic_1164!

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by delightfulbaker, Jul 27, 2011.

  1. delightfulbaker

    delightfulbaker

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2011
    Messages:
    3
    I have Xilinx ISE 13.1 installed on an ACER laptop with Win7 (64bit).

    After installing the software (WebPACK version) I created an empty VHDL module and ran "check syntax". The process failed with the following errors:

    Error:HDLParsers:3016 - "C:/Users/..." Library unit standard required for unit std_logic_1164 does not exist in library std.

    and

    Error:HDLParsers:3046 - "C:/Users/..." Line 21. Library unit STD_LOGIC_1164 is not available in library IEEE.

    This also occurs if I run synthesize.

    Googling solutions hasn't been very effective and the hyperlink for the error in ISE leads to a "page not found" result from the Xilinx website.

    If anyone can shed any light on this I'd be very grateful.
    delightfulbaker, Jul 27, 2011

  2. delightfulbaker

    joris

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2009
    Messages:
    152
    my guess would be that some files were not installed correctly
    joris, Jul 27, 2011

  3. delightfulbaker

    delightfulbaker

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2011
    Messages:
    3
    Unfortunately I still get the same errors after reinstalling. Does XIlinx ISE leave any files behind if you uninstall it?
    delightfulbaker, Jul 27, 2011
  4. delightfulbaker

    julianm

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    Sydney, Australia
    Just as an idea, when I googled your error, I found a suggestion relating to a similar problem. Linked below. Unfortunately I can't look further at the moment. Don't have 13.1 on this computer.

    http://www.fpga4fun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4382

    Cheers.
    julianm, Jul 29, 2011