help

Discussion in 'C++' started by kebibrot, Sep 7, 2006.

  1. kebibrot

    kebibrot Guest

    Hello,

    I am new to Visual Studio, tryng to set it up on my Windows 2000 PC for

    an into C++ class I'm taking. I installed it once, but like an idiot, I

    did a full install which took up much too much disk space. So, I
    uninstalled Visual Studio (went fine), then tried to reinstall
    selecting "Products", then just selecting "Visual C++ Enterprise
    Edition", which is all I need for my class.

    It seems to copy all the files fine, but afterwards, where it gets to
    the screen where it's registering, I get a Setup Error dialog box
    saying "unable to create a DCOM user acount in order to register
    c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools\VS-Ent98
    \Vanalyzr\valc.exe".

    No matter how many times I reboot & try again, the same thing happens.
    Please help! Also, please explain as if to a beginner.

    THANKS!!!!!

    kebibrot, Sep 7, 2006

  2. Re: help [OT]

    kebibrot wrote:
    > I am new to Visual Studio, tryng to set it up on my Windows 2000 PC ...
    > ... I get a Setup Error dialog box
    > saying "unable to create a DCOM user acount in order to register
    > c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools\VS-Ent98
    > \Vanalyzr\valc.exe".
    > Please help! Also, please explain as if to a beginner.

    This is off-topic here [as it doesn't relate to the C++ language as
    such, see the FAQ]; you should try posting on a Microsoft-specific
    group like microsoft.public.vc where someone might be able to help you.

    -- PH

    Paul Henderson, Sep 7, 2006