Help

Discussion in 'Java' started by Ebby, Apr 24, 2007.

  1. Ebby

    Ebby Guest

    Ebby, Apr 24, 2007

  2. Ebby

    Christian Guest

    Ebby schrieb:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm working on this program for my CS class. Does anyone have
    > suggestions on how to do this efficiently?
    >
    > http://inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~cs61b/sp07/projects/project3.html
    >
    > Thanks

    I would suggest an UCS or A* search..
    on the tree of possible moves..

    you could use distance of blocks to the target in Manhattan metric as a
    heuristic to find your goal faster.

    Christian

    Christian, Apr 24, 2007

  3. Ebby wrote:
    >I'm working ...

    What have you got so far?

    >...on this program for my CS class.

    A good group for those learning Java is
    comp.lang.java.help

    >...Does anyone have
    >suggestions on how to do this efficiently?

    Well, trying to get someone here to code it for you is
    extremely inefficient*, but ..
    - putting some study in,
    - outlining a course of action, and
    - asking for specific advice/critique on that course of action
    ..might be efficient.

    * Because we won't.

    If you are having trouble getting started, check this document.
    <http://home.earthlink.net/~patricia_shanahan/beginner.html>

    Note also that a specific, relevant subject line is more
    likely to attract the attention of those that can help with
    answers to more specific questions.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

    Andrew Thompson, Apr 24, 2007
  4. Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > Ebby wrote:
    > ..
    >> I'm working ...

    > What have you got so far?
    >
    >> ...on this program for my CS class.

    > A good group for those learning Java is
    > comp.lang.java.help
    >
    >> ...Does anyone have
    >> suggestions on how to do this efficiently?

    > Well, trying to get someone here to code it for you is
    > extremely inefficient*, but ..
    > - putting some study in,
    > - outlining a course of action, and
    > - asking for specific advice/critique on that course of action
    > .might be efficient.
    >
    > * Because we won't.
    >
    > If you are having trouble getting started, check this document.
    > <http://home.earthlink.net/~patricia_shanahan/beginner.html>

    This project seems to be a bit beyond true beginner, but the advice
    about reading the assignment is very applicable. The description
    contains a lot of good advice about how to approach it, and the issues
    to consider.

    Patricia

    Patricia Shanahan, Apr 24, 2007