helping fort grow for LANG tags.

Gizele

Bonjour,

I am trying design the website in arabic font,
I am use the link template normal for character.
But I am looking the design making a font to go
one increase larger for when lang code is change
to arabic.

for this eample: when html this <html lang="ar">,
then <font-size: 10px> are change to 12px.

Is possible, someone help please?

merci,

GZ

RobG

Bonjour,

I am trying design the website in arabic font,
I am use the link template normal for character.
But I am looking the design making a font to go
one increase larger for when lang code is change
to arabic.

for this eample: when html this <html lang="ar">,
then <font-size: 10px> are change to 12px.

Don't set a particular general font size, let users decide what size
text should be - though it is OK to specify relative differences
(bigger or smaller) for things like headings, footers, etc. When you
do set font sizes, don't use px, use em or %. Don't use font
elements, use style sheets.

Use the same logic on your server that adds the lang attribute to also
add the matching style sheet. Client-side scripting is too unreliable
and since you seem to already have logic in place to add the ar
language, why not use it for this too?

Or, you can put all your lang options in the one stylesheet. You
might find this W3C link regarding "Styling using the lang attribute"
useful:

"What is the most appropriate way to associate CSS styles with text in
a particular language in a multilingual XHTML/HTML document?"

You will likely get better help in a CSS or HTML news group: