HERE WE GO AGAIN, Visual Web Developer 2005 Express SCREWS UP YOUR CODE on PURPOSE...STOP TOUCHING M

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ik, Jul 2, 2004.

  1. ik

    ik Guest

    DEAR MICROSOFT:

    STOP TOUCHING MY CODE!!!!!!

    Stop ADDING these attributes to my tags

    meta:resourcekey="LiteralResource3"

    Your Web Developer 2005 express added that crappy and unneeded attribute to
    all my tags on my aspx page...you even added that attribute to the @page
    directive. The people who actually do work might have to to bounce back to a
    better HTML editor and NOT use 2.0 OR I don't even want that attribute in
    the first place as I don't place to use .resx files anyway.....

    GET IT THROUGH YOUR STUPID HEAD THAT YOU ARE NEVER TO PUT CODE WHEN I DON"T
    KNOW ABOUT IT, NOR SHOULD I HAVE TO GO ON A SCAVENGER HUNT TO FIND IT IN THE
    SETTINGS JUNGLE.

    Who has responsible for doing this on the Microsoft team? ONe of number one
    things Microsoft market was trumpeting was that VS.NET 2005 wasn't going to
    touch your code...............

    DON'T DO THAT!!!

    GOT IT!!!!!!

    NOW I HAVE TO GO AND REMOVE IT FOR ALL THE TAGS ON MY PAGE IF I WANT TO USE
    ..NET 1.1

    COMPRENDE!!!!!!!

    IT'S NO WONDER WHY ASP.NET hasn't been embraced by a significant number of
    asp developers, Old ASP developers can get more done using NON-MICROSOFT
    TOOLS.....

    DROP THE CRAPPY WEB PORT AS WELL..that's stupid, takes up resources and just
    make debugging that much more difficult.

    LOCALHOST:12345 <-- do we have to do it this way?

    Just show them how to set up IIS correctly. PHP, ASP, ColdFusion, Java all
    know how to do this manually, Why does microsoft have to screws things up
    again..
    ik, Jul 2, 2004

  2. Issue #1:
    You took some 1.1 code and ran it in 2.0. It changed one attribute, so you
    feel the need to bitch numerous times about a BETA product. DO I have this
    about right?

    1. It is a beta

    2. This is a very non-productive way to air grievances. On the scale of sit
    down discussions to blowing someone's head off, this one sits somewhere
    around whacking someone in the face with a baseball bat.

    3. Your code and tags were not touched. An attribute, or rather directive,
    was added, which is used by 2.0.

    4. There is documentation about this attribute, which explain its
    importance.
    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dv_vwdcon/html/bb4e5b44-e2b0-48ab-bbe9-609fb33900b6.asp

    You can also find pre-beta 1 docs on it:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/currentreadme/default.aspx

    5. There are other ways to get the message across than yelling. There is a
    whole site for bugs and suggestions.

    6. Once again, it is a beta.

    Issue #2:
    ---------
    As for the localhost:##### designation, you do not have to do that. If you
    would actually read the docs, you will find that you can set up a website in
    a variety of ways. By default, the web is set up using a webserver other
    than IIS. This allows web development without Windows XP Pro or a server OS.
    It is quite useful. You have the option of setting up an IIS web, as well,
    by browsing and specifying your own URL. While it may seem CRAPPY to you,
    the addition of the "Cassini" web server to Visual Studio products adds
    options for people who either a) do not know how to set up IIS or b) worse,
    do not have IIS.

    Issue #3:
    ---------
    Do you really need to cross post to every non-ASP.NET 2.0 group and SPAM up
    the newsgroups. This is a major breech of Netiquette. I am not trying to
    censor you by any means, as I can understand the frustration. I do not see
    the major beef, as the product is still in beta and possible to be tweaked,
    but I do not feel it is productive to simply stand up in the middle of the
    theater and scream while the movie is still in production.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP], Jul 2, 2004

  3. ik

    Richard Guest

    Go on and get laid or something... *g*.
    These newsgroups are for helping ppl, not bitching, if you dont like it.
    dont use it.
    learn something non-microsoft then but please shuttup

    Richard

    Richard, Jul 2, 2004
  4. also you would get more attention if you were nice about it as well and
    stopped cross posting

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Jul 2, 2004
  5. ik

    ik Guest

    BETA IS NOT AN EXCUSE TO ADD A PROBLEM, that they, MICROSOFT, said they were
    NOT going to do.....

    IT's NOT really a bug, it's a complete design error. BIG DIFFERENCE.

    Some clueless programmer and program manager went out of their way to do
    this.

    Don't TOUCH the CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    "Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) [MVP]" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    ik, Jul 5, 2004
  6. ik

    crawlerxp Guest

    Would someone please BAN this guy from here?

    Thanks.

    crawlerxp, Jul 9, 2004
  7. no, its a public forum. the good the bad and the ugly feast here. it works
    best if you ignore OP

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Jul 9, 2004
  8. Other than that, Mr. Lincoln, how'd ya like the play?

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 9, 2004
  9. Re: HERE WE GO AGAIN, Visual Web Developer 2005 Express SCREWS UPYOUR CODE on PURPOSE...STOP TOUCHING MY CODE, MICROSOFT!!!!

    The meta::resourcekey attribute is getting added as a result of invoking
    Tools | Generate Local Resources command which is typically done when you
    needs localizable things placed in a separate RESX file. This is not a
    result of some evil code munging :)

    I don't own this feature personally, but one of developers in our team does.
    So if the feature is confusing, please let us know here or in asp.net forums
    (www.asp.net)

    Thanks
    Mikhail Arkhipov (Microsoft)
    http://weblogs.asp.net/mikhailarkhipov
    -- This post is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties and confers no rights.

    Mikhail Arkhipov (Microsoft), Jul 9, 2004