HERE WE GO AGAIN, Visual Web Developer 2005 Express SCREWS UP YOUR CODE on PURPOSE...STOP TOUCHING M

ik

DEAR MICROSOFT:

STOP TOUCHING MY CODE!!!!!!

Stop ADDING these attributes to my tags

meta:resourcekey="LiteralResource3"

Your Web Developer 2005 express added that crappy and unneeded attribute to
all my tags on my aspx page...you even added that attribute to the @page
directive. The people who actually do work might have to to bounce back to a
better HTML editor and NOT use 2.0 OR I don't even want that attribute in
the first place as I don't place to use .resx files anyway.....

GET IT THROUGH YOUR STUPID HEAD THAT YOU ARE NEVER TO PUT CODE WHEN I DON"T
KNOW ABOUT IT, NOR SHOULD I HAVE TO GO ON A SCAVENGER HUNT TO FIND IT IN THE
SETTINGS JUNGLE.

Who has responsible for doing this on the Microsoft team? ONe of number one
things Microsoft market was trumpeting was that VS.NET 2005 wasn't going to
touch your code...............

DON'T DO THAT!!!

GOT IT!!!!!!

NOW I HAVE TO GO AND REMOVE IT FOR ALL THE TAGS ON MY PAGE IF I WANT TO USE
..NET 1.1

COMPRENDE!!!!!!!

IT'S NO WONDER WHY ASP.NET hasn't been embraced by a significant number of
asp developers, Old ASP developers can get more done using NON-MICROSOFT
TOOLS.....

DROP THE CRAPPY WEB PORT AS WELL..that's stupid, takes up resources and just
make debugging that much more difficult.

LOCALHOST:12345 <-- do we have to do it this way?

Just show them how to set up IIS correctly. PHP, ASP, ColdFusion, Java all
know how to do this manually, Why does microsoft have to screws things up
again..

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

Issue #1:
You took some 1.1 code and ran it in 2.0. It changed one attribute, so you
feel the need to bitch numerous times about a BETA product. DO I have this
about right?

1. It is a beta

2. This is a very non-productive way to air grievances. On the scale of sit
down discussions to blowing someone's head off, this one sits somewhere
around whacking someone in the face with a baseball bat.

3. Your code and tags were not touched. An attribute, or rather directive,
was added, which is used by 2.0.

4. There is documentation about this attribute, which explain its
importance.
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dv_vwdcon/html/bb4e5b44-e2b0-48ab-bbe9-609fb33900b6.asp

You can also find pre-beta 1 docs on it:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/currentreadme/default.aspx

5. There are other ways to get the message across than yelling. There is a
whole site for bugs and suggestions.

6. Once again, it is a beta.

Issue #2:
---------
As for the localhost:##### designation, you do not have to do that. If you
would actually read the docs, you will find that you can set up a website in
a variety of ways. By default, the web is set up using a webserver other
than IIS. This allows web development without Windows XP Pro or a server OS.
It is quite useful. You have the option of setting up an IIS web, as well,
by browsing and specifying your own URL. While it may seem CRAPPY to you,
the addition of the "Cassini" web server to Visual Studio products adds
options for people who either a) do not know how to set up IIS or b) worse,
do not have IIS.

Issue #3:
---------
Do you really need to cross post to every non-ASP.NET 2.0 group and SPAM up
the newsgroups. This is a major breech of Netiquette. I am not trying to
censor you by any means, as I can understand the frustration. I do not see
the major beef, as the product is still in beta and possible to be tweaked,
but I do not feel it is productive to simply stand up in the middle of the
theater and scream while the movie is still in production.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Richard

Go on and get laid or something... *g*.
These newsgroups are for helping ppl, not bitching, if you dont like it.
dont use it.
learn something non-microsoft then but please shuttup

Richard

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

also you would get more attention if you were nice about it as well and
stopped cross posting

ik

BETA IS NOT AN EXCUSE TO ADD A PROBLEM, that they, MICROSOFT, said they were
NOT going to do.....

IT's NOT really a bug, it's a complete design error. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Some clueless programmer and program manager went out of their way to do
this.

Don't TOUCH the CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

no, its a public forum. the good the bad and the ugly feast here. it works
best if you ignore OP

Mikhail Arkhipov (Microsoft)

The meta::resourcekey attribute is getting added as a result of invoking
Tools | Generate Local Resources command which is typically done when you
needs localizable things placed in a separate RESX file. This is not a
result of some evil code munging :)

I don't own this feature personally, but one of developers in our team does.
So if the feature is confusing, please let us know here or in asp.net forums
(www.asp.net)

Thanks
Mikhail Arkhipov (Microsoft)
http://weblogs.asp.net/mikhailarkhipov
-- This post is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties and confers no rights.

Other than that, Mr. Lincoln, how'd ya like the play?

Alvin Bruney said:
no, its a public forum. the good the bad and the ugly feast here. it works
best if you ignore OP

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney
crawlerxp said:
Would someone please BAN this guy from here?

Thanks.