Here's challenge - for me at least!

Guest

Hello all,

I'm needing a little help (and direction) for something.

Here's what I need to do:

Allow a user to upload multiple files to a database asynchronously (so that
the upload does not lock their browser). I also don't want lots of file type
controls on the form (ideally only 1 and a textarea to which they add the
required files).

I've seen something about XMLHTTPRequest object that may help, but on am ore
general note would also like some other experienced advice!

Thanks all,

Jon

Guest

You have a couple of choices:

1. Stick with sync
2. Rewrite the upload bits to allow your scenario
3. Deploy a small upload app to the client through Click Once deployment (or
an activeX control, or a java applet, depending on what you want the client
to have to do or install).

I would surf the open source sites and see if someone is already building
something like this (sourceforge.net, gotdotnet.com). Otherwise, consider
looking for third party solutions on this issue on a site like
ComponentSource.com.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA