Here's one for you ASP.NET experts...

Luther Miller

Ever since I started working with .NET Framework 1.1, everytime I
start debugging my ASP.NET project when the browser launches I get the
following error. However, when I refresh, this immediately goes away
and doesn't come back until the next time I restart the app. Also,
another developer on another project gets the same behavior. I have
also noticed this in deployment - always happens the first time any
page in the project is opened after deployment and then never again.

Of course, there are NO errors in the web.config file, this is a
misleading error message. But why does this occur and how can we get
rid of it forever?

Server Error in '/tips' Application.

Configuration Error
configuration file required to service this request. Please review the
specific error details below and modify your configuration file
appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Exception in configuration section handler.

Source Error:

Line 24:
Line 25: <!-- if you get a configuration exception then make sure
the folder exists for the logs -->
Line 26: <system.diagnostics>
Line 27: <switches>
Line 28: <add name="PageEntryAndExit" value="4" /> <!--
Verbose=4 -->

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tips\web.config Line: 26