    --

    Strange & wonderful quotes:
    Marvin: It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level.
    Jacqueline, Dec 25, 2003

  2. Jacqueline

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:3fea7a6d$>
    Jacqueline said:

    > I need a FULL list of all hex codes.

    start at 000000 and work your way through to FFFFFF

    > I am trying to find the perfect color and would find it easier by
    > code.

    wouldn't to be easier to find a color by the color? perhaps something
    like this: http://www.tigercolor.com/

    --
    brucie
    25/December/2003 04:37:55 pm kilo
    brucie, Dec 25, 2003

  3. brucie <> wrote:

    >> I need a FULL list of all hex codes.

    > start at 000000 and work your way through to FFFFFF

    Well, yes, if "hex codes" means "six-digit hex codes", as it seems. The
    FULL list of all hex codes is infinitely larger, though just countably
    infinitely.

    >> I am trying to find the perfect color and would find it easier by
    >> code.

    > wouldn't to be easier to find a color by the color? perhaps something
    > like this: http://www.tigercolor.com/

    Maybe. But there's a simple free tool at
    http://www.pagetutor.com/pagetutor/makapage/picker/
    that requires no download, just JavaScript enabled on your browser, and
    lets you design background, text and link colors together.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Dec 25, 2003
  4. Jacqueline

    MLC Guest

    MLC, Dec 25, 2003
  5. Jacqueline wrote:

    > I need a FULL list of all hex codes. I am trying to find the perfect color
    > and would find it easier by code. Can anyone help?

    You'll need Perl for this one: http://www.cpan.org/ports/index.html

    #!/usr/bin/perl
    use strict;

    for (0 .. 255) {
    my $a = $_;
    for (0 .. 255) {
    my $b = $_;
    for (0 .. 255) {
    my $c = $_;
    printf ("#%X%X%X\n", $a, $b, $c);

    David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>
    David Dorward, Dec 25, 2003
  6. Jacqueline

    Spam h8tr Guest

    "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote in message
    > brucie <> wrote:
    >
    > >> I need a FULL list of all hex codes.

    > > start at 000000 and work your way through to FFFFFF

    > Well, yes, if "hex codes" means "six-digit hex codes", as it seems. The
    > FULL list of all hex codes is infinitely larger, though just countably
    > infinitely.
    >
    > >> I am trying to find the perfect color and would find it easier by
    > >> code.

    > > wouldn't to be easier to find a color by the color? perhaps something
    > > like this: http://www.tigercolor.com/

    > Maybe. But there's a simple free tool at
    > http://www.pagetutor.com/pagetutor/makapage/picker/
    > that requires no download, just JavaScript enabled on your browser, and
    > lets you design background, text and link colors together.

    Thanx for the info.....I need to know the names as well but thanx ya'll
    Spam h8tr, Dec 25, 2003
  7. Jacqueline

    MLC Guest

    Il 25/dic/2003 MLC ha scritto:

    > Il 25/dic/2003 Jacqueline ha scritto:
    >
    >> I need a FULL list of all hex codes. I am trying to find the perfect color
    >> and would find it easier by code. Can anyone help?

    > You can copy a chart from here:
    > http://fido.altervista.org/hexchart.html

    No, I'm wrong: I see you asked for a FULL list.
    Sorry.
    --
    Maria Luisa C - 25/12/2003 10.28.50, here.
    http://fido.altervista.org/
    MLC, Dec 25, 2003
  8. Jacqueline

    kayodeok Guest

    David Dorward <> wrote in

    > Jacqueline wrote:
    >
    >> I need a FULL list of all hex codes. I am trying to find the
    >> perfect color and would find it easier by code. Can anyone
    >> help?

    > You'll need Perl for this one:
    > http://www.cpan.org/ports/index.html
    >
    > #!/usr/bin/perl
    > use strict;
    >
    > for (0 .. 255) {
    > my $a = $_;
    > for (0 .. 255) {
    > my $b = $_;
    > for (0 .. 255) {
    > my $c = $_;
    > printf ("#%X%X%X\n", $a, $b, $c);

    I had nothing better to do so I played with the script; it seems
    you took the OP literally and output the "FULL list of all hex
    codes" (sic).

    I imagine the OP only wants color codes though...I have added the
    script to my growing library (I might even manage to tweak it to
    give color codes only but this is not a job for today).

    --
    Kayode Okeyode
    http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/
    kayodeok, Dec 25, 2003
  9. Jacqueline

    crispy Guest

    Hello, I found the Slugs software http://www.opensourcepan.co.uk/
    helpful. Best thing it's free.

    crispy

    crispy, Dec 25, 2003
  10. Jacqueline wrote:
    > I need a FULL list of all hex codes.

    Assuming you mean hex color codes, there are a total of 16777216. Seeing
    all of them wouldn't be very practical.
    Leif K-Brooks, Dec 25, 2003
  11. Jacqueline

    Richard Guest

    Jacqueline wrote:

    > I need a FULL list of all hex codes. I am trying to find the perfect
    > color and would find it easier by code. Can anyone help?

    http://www.datastic.com/tools/colorcop/
    This will give you the hex codes for any color you move eyedropper onto.

    Richard, Dec 25, 2003
  12. Jacqueline

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:SzDGb.178$>
    Leif K-Brooks said:

    >> I need a FULL list of all hex codes.

    > Assuming you mean hex color codes, there are a total of 16777216. Seeing
    > all of them wouldn't be very practical.

    i don't suppose you would know what number 8,762,351 would be?

    --
    brucie
    26/December/2003 06:59:31 am kilo
    brucie, Dec 25, 2003
  13. Jacqueline

    Ryan Stewart Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > in post <news:SzDGb.178$>
    > Leif K-Brooks said:
    >
    > >> I need a FULL list of all hex codes.

    > > Assuming you mean hex color codes, there are a total of 16777216. Seeing
    > > all of them wouldn't be very practical.

    > i don't suppose you would know what number 8,762,351 would be?

    In hex? That would be 85B3EF. Or 0x85B3EF or #85B3EF depending on what
    you're using it for :)
    Ryan Stewart, Dec 25, 2003
  14. Jukka K. Korpela, Dec 26, 2003
  15. Ryan Stewart wrote:
    > "brucie" <> wrote in message
    >> in post <news:SzDGb.178$>

    >>> Assuming you mean hex color codes, there are a total of 16777216.
    >>> Seeing all of them wouldn't be very practical.

    >> i don't suppose you would know what number 8,762,351 would be?

    > In hex? That would be 85B3EF. Or 0x85B3EF or #85B3EF depending on what
    > you're using it for :)

    It's the oven temperature required for baking HTML.

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Dec 26, 2003
  16. Jacqueline

    Richard Guest

    brucie wrote:

    > in post <news:SzDGb.178$>
    > Leif K-Brooks said:

    >>> I need a FULL list of all hex codes.

    >> Assuming you mean hex color codes, there are a total of 16777216. Seeing
    >> all of them wouldn't be very practical.

    > i don't suppose you would know what number 8,762,351 would be?

    In rgb: rgb(133,179,239)
    Or in english, a shade of medium blue.

    Richard, Dec 26, 2003
  17. Jacqueline

    Richard Guest

    William Tasso wrote:

    > Ryan Stewart wrote:
    >> "brucie" <> wrote in message
    >>> in post <news:SzDGb.178$>

    >>> i don't suppose you would know what number 8,762,351 would be?

    >> In hex? That would be 85B3EF. Or 0x85B3EF or #85B3EF depending on what
    >> you're using it for :)

    > It's the oven temperature required for baking HTML.

    Microwave spacing of the rays per inch.

    Richard, Dec 26, 2003
  18. Jacqueline

    rf Guest

    "William Tasso" <> wrote in message
    > Ryan Stewart wrote:
    > > "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > >> in post <news:SzDGb.178$>

    > >> i don't suppose you would know what number 8,762,351 would be?

    > > In hex? That would be 85B3EF. Or 0x85B3EF or #85B3EF depending on what
    > > you're using it for :)

    > It's the oven temperature required for baking HTML.

    ?

    #85B3EF is a "pale_sky_blue". You need a "bright_shocking_pink" to bake
    HTML, something like #fe2393.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Dec 26, 2003
  19. kayodeok wrote:

    > I had nothing better to do so I played with the script; it seems
    > you took the OP literally and output the "FULL list of all hex
    > codes" (sic).

    I did limit it to the RGB values :)

    > I imagine the OP only wants color codes though...I have added the
    > script to my growing library (I might even manage to tweak it to
    > give color codes only but this is not a job for today).

    Err - maybe my brain isn't working right today - but it DOES give only
    colour codes. (And editing the script to produce HTML to show how the
    browser treats them is fairly trivial).

    --
    David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>
    David Dorward, Dec 26, 2003
  20. Jacqueline

    kayodeok Guest

    David Dorward <> wrote in

    >> I imagine the OP only wants color codes though...I have added
    >> the script to my growing library (I might even manage to tweak
    >> it to give color codes only but this is not a job for today).

    > Err - maybe my brain isn't working right today - but it DOES
    > give only colour codes. (And editing the script to produce HTML
    > to show how the browser treats them is fairly trivial).

    I ran the script in EditPlus and stopped it midway when I realised
    what it was doing; the first few rgb values it outputted were
    obviously alien to me though I notice you did limit it to 0 - 255 ;)

    kayodeok, Dec 26, 2003