Hex Codes

Jacqueline

I need a FULL list of all hex codes. I am trying to find the perfect color
and would find it easier by code. Can anyone help?

Jukka K. Korpela

brucie said:
start at 000000 and work your way through to FFFFFF

Well, yes, if "hex codes" means "six-digit hex codes", as it seems. The
FULL list of all hex codes is infinitely larger, though just countably
infinitely.
wouldn't to be easier to find a color by the color? perhaps something
like this: http://www.tigercolor.com/

Maybe. But there's a simple free tool at
http://www.pagetutor.com/pagetutor/makapage/picker/
that requires no download, just JavaScript enabled on your browser, and
lets you design background, text and link colors together.

David Dorward

Jacqueline said:
I need a FULL list of all hex codes. I am trying to find the perfect color
and would find it easier by code. Can anyone help?

You'll need Perl for this one: http://www.cpan.org/ports/index.html

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;

for (0 .. 255) {
my $a = $_;
for (0 .. 255) {
my $b = $_;
for (0 .. 255) {
my $c = $_;
printf ("#%X%X%X\n", $a, $b, $c);

Guest

Jukka K. Korpela said:
Well, yes, if "hex codes" means "six-digit hex codes", as it seems. The
FULL list of all hex codes is infinitely larger, though just countably
infinitely.

Maybe. But there's a simple free tool at
http://www.pagetutor.com/pagetutor/makapage/picker/
that requires no download, just JavaScript enabled on your browser, and
lets you design background, text and link colors together.
Thanx for the info.....I need to know the names as well but thanx ya'll

kayodeok

You'll need Perl for this one:
http://www.cpan.org/ports/index.html

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;

for (0 .. 255) {
my $a = $_;
for (0 .. 255) {
my $b = $_;
for (0 .. 255) {
my $c = $_;
printf ("#%X%X%X\n", $a, $b, $c);

I had nothing better to do so I played with the script; it seems
you took the OP literally and output the "FULL list of all hex
codes" (sic).

I imagine the OP only wants color codes though...I have added the
script to my growing library (I might even manage to tweak it to
give color codes only but this is not a job for today).

Leif K-Brooks

Jacqueline said:
I need a FULL list of all hex codes.

Assuming you mean hex color codes, there are a total of 16777216. Seeing
all of them wouldn't be very practical.

brucie

Assuming you mean hex color codes, there are a total of 16777216. Seeing
all of them wouldn't be very practical.

i don't suppose you would know what number 8,762,351 would be?

Ryan Stewart

brucie said:
i don't suppose you would know what number 8,762,351 would be?

In hex? That would be 85B3EF. Or 0x85B3EF or #85B3EF depending on what
you're using it for :)

Jukka K. Korpela

Spam h8tr said:
I need to know the names as well but thanx ya'll

No, you don't. You're seriously misguided if you think you do.
(We might help you out of your problems if you told us how you got
there.)

William Tasso

Ryan said:
In hex? That would be 85B3EF. Or 0x85B3EF or #85B3EF depending on what
you're using it for :)

It's the oven temperature required for baking HTML.

rf

William Tasso said:
It's the oven temperature required for baking HTML.

?

#85B3EF is a "pale_sky_blue". You need a "bright_shocking_pink" to bake
HTML, something like #fe2393.

Cheers
Richard.

David Dorward

kayodeok said:
I had nothing better to do so I played with the script; it seems
you took the OP literally and output the "FULL list of all hex
codes" (sic).

I did limit it to the RGB values :)
I imagine the OP only wants color codes though...I have added the
script to my growing library (I might even manage to tweak it to
give color codes only but this is not a job for today).

Err - maybe my brain isn't working right today - but it DOES give only
colour codes. (And editing the script to produce HTML to show how the
browser treats them is fairly trivial).

kayodeok

Err - maybe my brain isn't working right today - but it DOES
give only colour codes. (And editing the script to produce HTML
to show how the browser treats them is fairly trivial).

I ran the script in EditPlus and stopped it midway when I realised
what it was doing; the first few rgb values it outputted were
obviously alien to me though I notice you did limit it to 0 - 255 ;)