hex file

lily12a

Hello,

Please help if anyone knows. I would highly appreciate it. This is my
question.

Input array will include values: 4C, 49, 4C, 59
How to assign these values in to an array of hex value.

Thanks,

David Squire

Hello,

Please help if anyone knows. I would highly appreciate it. This is my
question.

Input array will include values: 4C, 49, 4C, 59
How to assign these values in to an array of hex value.

What have you tried?

Dave Weaver

Please help if anyone knows. I would highly appreciate it. This is my
question.

Input array will include values: 4C, 49, 4C, 59
How to assign these values in to an array of hex value.

Those are already hex values!

Your question is too vague - please see the posting guidelines that
are posted to this group regularly.

Perhaps you mean something like this:

my @input_array = qw(4C 49 4C 59);
my @values = map { hex $_ } @input_array;

But perhaps not. Your question needs to be clearer.

Tad McClellan

Dave Weaver said:
Those are already hex values!

They cannot be hex values, because there is no such thing as a hex value.

The abstract concept of a "number" is difficult for us humans to
discuss, so we have come up with a number of different *representations*
(numeral systems) for talking about any particular number.

1010 # 2
12 # 8
10 # 10
A # 16

Those are all _different_ representations for the _same_ number.

So

Those are already represented in hex!

would have been a more accurate rejoinder. :)

[ snip code that converts base-16 to base-10 ]

Your question is too vague

Right. I'm sure you know all of the above, but I hope that it will
help the OP compose an answerable question.