hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by King Kong, Aug 15, 2004.

  1. King Kong

    King Kong Guest

    we are facing this kind of error when we double click the infragistic web
    grid
    please help me on this

    Regards
    Moid Iqbal
    Server Error in '/NetworkAccess' Application.
    ----

    '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 13.

    Exception Details: System.Exception: '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an
    invalid character. Line 1, position 13.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [Exception: '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character. Line 1,
    position 13.]
    Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.UltraWebGrid.LoadPostData(String
    postDataKey, NameValueCollection values)
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean
    fBeforeLoad)
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

    ----

    Version:1.1.4322.573

    King Kong, Aug 15, 2004

  2. King Kong

    Rocky Moore Guest

    Usually, when I get messages like that, it is becuase I have odd ASCII
    charaters in the page (which you cannot see) usually from cut & paste and
    usually at the end of the line.

    --
    Rocky Moore
    www.HintsAndTips.com / Share your tips - Earn rewards

    "King Kong" <> wrote in message
    > we are facing this kind of error when we double click the infragistic web
    > grid
    > please help me on this
    >
    > Regards
    > Moid Iqbal
    > Server Error in '/NetworkAccess' Application.

    > ----
    >
    > '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 13.
    >
    > Exception Details: System.Exception: '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an
    > invalid character. Line 1, position 13.
    >
    > Source Error:

    > current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the
    >

    > Stack Trace:
    >

    > [Exception: '', hexadecimal value 0x01, is an invalid character. Line 1,
    > position 13.]
    > Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.UltraWebGrid.LoadPostData(String
    > postDataKey, NameValueCollection values)
    > System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData,

    Boolean
    > fBeforeLoad)
    > System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

    > ----
    >
    > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;

    ASP.NET

    Rocky Moore, Aug 15, 2004

  3. King Kong

    JontyS

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    ex value 0x01 and 0x00 invalid characters

    Hi,

    I struggled with this problem for a couple of hours searching google for an answer, I finally fluked it with a string replace: str.Replace("", "&Gamma;"). The character cant be seen above but it has the HTML value of: "&Gamma;".

    If you get a hex value 0x00, is an invalid character, then try: str.Replace("\x00", "").

    Jonty

    JontyS, Feb 14, 2008
  4. King Kong

    chandusripathi

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hexadecimal 0X01 issue

    Hi Jonty

    Can you please explain briefly how to resolve this issue.
    I am struck up at this in the production.

    Please help me out from this.

    Thanks
    Ramesh

    chandusripathi, Jul 24, 2009