    --
    Advice is cheap, so always give the best. - Alfred Lawson
    http://graspages.cjb.cc/
    Joe (GKF), Mar 14, 2007

  2. Joe (GKF)

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    On Mar 15, 10:58 am, Joe (GKF) <> wrote:
    > How does JAWS handle framed sites? Is getting to the navigation frame a
    > pain or is it actually better than a regular site?
    > Or somewhere in between?

    Hmmmm, I think like anything web-related (A part from Flah), which to
    any convensional screen reader is still harder access, frames can be
    mayed more accessible to Jaws, they just need to be well named. But,
    frames are very out-dated technology and really should be replaced by
    server side processing and frankly, so should form validation,
    considering how inexpensive hosting is today. Well, depending on how
    much traffic the site gets.

    > BTW - I like the colours on your test site. Sure it's InYourFace, but I
    > don't agree with those who say the colours clash.

    Cool, thanks, it's for a new project of mine that i'm working on.
    Chaddy2222, Mar 15, 2007

  3. Joe (GKF)

    Joe (GKF) Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Mar 15, 10:58 am, Joe (GKF) <> wrote:
    > > How does JAWS handle framed sites? Is getting to the navigation frame a
    > > pain or is it actually better than a regular site?
    > > Or somewhere in between?

    > Hmmmm, I think like anything web-related (A part from Flah), which to
    > any convensional screen reader is still harder access, frames can be
    > mayed more accessible to Jaws, they just need to be well named.

    So, you're saying that JAWS handles frames ok?

    > frames are very out-dated technology and really should be replaced by
    > server side processing and frankly, so should form validation,

    Of course - I'm not going to USE the bloody things; I just wondered if I
    can add "frames don't work well in JAWS" to my list of "why frames
    suck". It seems I can't.

    Joe (GKF), Mar 16, 2007