    database quality!

    this is 100% FREE!! NO ADS/POPUPS ETC! :)
    , Mar 7, 2007

  2. Lew Guest

    wrote:
    > Hey! i've done a Free Global Bad Words Dictionary,
    > for developers, by developers!
    > visit http://www.tal.tl/words/
    > add swears/bad words and get them in to your script/site (for bad
    > words filtering etc...)!
    > PLEASE! add only words that you think ARE RELEVANT to keep the
    > database quality!
    >
    > this is 100% FREE!! NO ADS/POPUPS ETC! :)

    Is "!@#$!" listed?

    -- Lew
    Lew, Mar 7, 2007

  3. Chris Uppal Guest

    wrote:

    > Hey! i've done a Free Global Bad Words Dictionary,
    > for developers, by developers!
    > visit http://www.tal.tl/words/

    That's rather a good idea. I hope it goes well.

    -- chris
    Chris Uppal, Mar 7, 2007
  4. Chris Uppal <-THIS.org> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Hey! i've done a Free Global Bad Words Dictionary,
    >> for developers, by developers!
    >> visit http://www.tal.tl/words/

    > That's rather a good idea. I hope it goes well.

    It's a premiere!

    The first multi-group spammer who actually advertised for
    something good & worthy :)

    It even contains the (according to Douglas Adams'
    "Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy") very worst of
    all swear words... (B*lg**m) :-D
    Andreas Leitgeb, Mar 7, 2007
  5. Lew Guest

    Andreas Leitgeb wrote:
    > Chris Uppal <-THIS.org> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> Hey! i've done a Free Global Bad Words Dictionary,
    >>> for developers, by developers!
    >>> visit http://www.tal.tl/words/

    >> That's rather a good idea. I hope it goes well.

    > It's a premiere!
    >
    > The first multi-group spammer who actually advertised for
    > something good & worthy :)
    >
    > It even contains the (according to Douglas Adams'
    > "Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy") very worst of
    > all swear words... (B*lg**m) :-D

    It does have a lot of misspellings. Are these intentional, to reveal how they
    may be misspelled in the real world?

    -- Lew
    Lew, Mar 7, 2007
  6. Joe Attardi Guest

    On Mar 7, 4:26 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    > It does have a lot of misspellings. Are these intentional, to reveal how they
    > may be misspelled in the real world?

    That was my guess. But what's curious is that this string is one of
    the 'bad words':
    "perl java lisp php"

    ???

    What's up with that? There are also some (idiot, homosexual, gay for
    example) that really don't belong on a blacklist of words (IMHO).
    Joe Attardi, Mar 7, 2007
  7. Joe Attardi wrote:
    > On Mar 7, 4:26 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    >> It does have a lot of misspellings. Are these intentional, to reveal how they
    >> may be misspelled in the real world?

    > That was my guess. But what's curious is that this string is one of
    > the 'bad words':
    > "perl java lisp php"
    >
    > ???
    >
    > What's up with that? There are also some (idiot, homosexual, gay for
    > example) that really don't belong on a blacklist of words (IMHO).

    It depends. On an official board for fans of something or someone, for
    example, you want to catch potential flamebait. I grant it's pesky when
    you write, e.g., "Rather than being innovative, Microsoft has actually
    retarded progress in the software industry," and get gigged for using
    the R-word, but there you are....

    --
    John W. Kennedy
    "The blind rulers of Logres
    John W. Kennedy, Mar 8, 2007
  8. "John W. Kennedy" <> wrote in message
    > Joe Attardi wrote:
    >> On Mar 7, 4:26 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    >>> It does have a lot of misspellings. Are these intentional, to reveal how
    >>> they
    >>> may be misspelled in the real world?

    >> That was my guess. But what's curious is that this string is one of
    >> the 'bad words':
    >> "perl java lisp php"
    >>
    >> ???
    >>
    >> What's up with that? There are also some (idiot, homosexual, gay for
    >> example) that really don't belong on a blacklist of words (IMHO).

    > It depends. On an official board for fans of something or someone, for
    > example, you want to catch potential flamebait. I grant it's pesky when
    > you write, e.g., "Rather than being innovative, Microsoft has actually
    > retarded progress in the software industry," and get gigged for using the
    > R-word, but there you are....

    No it's completely ridiculous.

    When I keep getting mailed time sensitive assembly instructions for a module
    that needs to be delivered to a client and it keeps not showing up - just to
    find out the bitch IT department is quarantining the message because the
    word "screw" appeared in it too many times.

    Spam filters are stupid.

    --
    LTP

    :)
    Luc The Perverse, Mar 8, 2007
  9. Luc The Perverse wrote:
    > "John W. Kennedy" <> wrote in message
    >> Joe Attardi wrote:
    >>> That was my guess. But what's curious is that this string is one of
    >>> the 'bad words':
    >>> "perl java lisp php"
    >>>
    >>> ???
    >>>
    >>> What's up with that? There are also some (idiot, homosexual, gay for
    >>> example) that really don't belong on a blacklist of words (IMHO).

    >> It depends. On an official board for fans of something or someone, for
    >> example, you want to catch potential flamebait. I grant it's pesky when
    >> you write, e.g., "Rather than being innovative, Microsoft has actually
    >> retarded progress in the software industry," and get gigged for using the
    >> R-word, but there you are....

    > No it's completely ridiculous.
    >
    > When I keep getting mailed time sensitive assembly instructions for a module
    > that needs to be delivered to a client and it keeps not showing up - just to
    > find out the bitch IT department is quarantining the message because the
    > word "screw" appeared in it too many times.
    >
    > Spam filters are stupid.

    You habitually use <URL:http://forums.fox.com/fox24/start> or
    <URL:http://forums.fox.com/foxsimpsons/start> to exchange technical
    information?

    --
    John W. Kennedy
    "The blind rulers of Logres
    John W. Kennedy, Mar 8, 2007
  10. "John W. Kennedy" <> wrote in message
    > Luc The Perverse wrote:
    >> "John W. Kennedy" <> wrote in message

    >>> It depends. On an official board for fans of something or someone, for
    >>> example, you want to catch potential flamebait. I grant it's pesky when
    >>> you write, e.g., "Rather than being innovative, Microsoft has actually
    >>> retarded progress in the software industry," and get gigged for using
    >>> the R-word, but there you are....

    >> No it's completely ridiculous.
    >>
    >> When I keep getting mailed time sensitive assembly instructions for a
    >> module that needs to be delivered to a client and it keeps not showing
    >> up - just to find out the bitch IT department is quarantining the message
    >> because the word "screw" appeared in it too many times.
    >>
    >> Spam filters are stupid.

    > You habitually use <URL:http://forums.fox.com/fox24/start> or
    > <URL:http://forums.fox.com/foxsimpsons/start> to exchange technical
    > information?