HHEEEELLLPPP :o( .... My aspnet / sqlserver falls asleep????

M O J O

Hi,

About every half hour, my sqlserver falls asleep.

When I try to browse my homepage (uses aspnet/sqlserver), I get this error:

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the
operation or the server is not responding.

If I stop and start the SQL server service, everything works fine (for
the next half hour, then it stops again).

The service manager says, that the service is running and the "SQL
server service manager util" also shows, that the service is running.

The SQL serverlog does not state any errors.

I have 2 gigs of free hdd space.

My eventlog (this is also strange) is empty. Not a single entry in
either Application, Security or System.

The server has worked fine until now. Nobody has changed anything
(besides updating the server with MS security patches).

Any idea??

Heeeellllppp!!! :eek:(

M O J O

George Ter-Saakov

Looks like you are not closing database connections.
So eventually SQL runs out of them.

George.

M O J O

Hi George,

Thanks for answering my post.

I've looked at the performance manager. I have max. 5 connections.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

M O J O

Todd Bellamy

Have you tried just going into SQL Query Monitor or isql and entering a
query?
If this works your problem isn't SQL Server.