Hi - A challenge for all anti-frames folk.

David Crichton

Hi - Most replies to my queries are met by 'Don't use Frames'. Therefore can
someone tell me how I can recreate the example page below without using
frames?:

http://www.thehighcouncil.freeserve.co.uk/misc.html

When I try it is near-impossible to align everything and the page gets
untidy.

If anyone can do it with style sheets etc and send the code to me I would be
very appreciative. I want it to look just as it does now, but with a scroll
bar that controls both pages.

Cheers
Dave

Nico Schuyt

David said:
Hi - Most replies to my queries are met by 'Don't use Frames'.
Therefore can someone tell me how I can recreate the example page
below without using frames?:

http://www.thehighcouncil.freeserve.co.uk/misc.html

Look at the coding of http://usenet.alt-html.org/brucies/butterflies/
With a little PHP and some knowledge of div boxes it 'shouldn't be too
difficult.
I myself think frames are the best solution for photo albums.
But solve the problem of orphaned pages on your site (Click
http://www.thehighcouncil.freeserve.co.uk/miscside.html and see what happens
if people find a link to your site in a search engine) and correct that
horrific HTML coding.
Regards, Nico

David Crichton

You my chap - are a gentleman.

Many thanks - you have saved me a headache tonight lol.

Cheers
Dave C