Hi help me in installing pcapy extension module

pranesh

dear friends,

I have python 2.6.4 i my Windows XP machine.
I am trying to install pcapy - python extension module
( I am using http://oss.coresecurity.com/projects/pcapy.html for
reference )

I decided to implement the libpcap library...
Since I have only windows xp machine......
I installed WinPcap - this is a port of libpcap - windows uses this
WinPcap

As the pcapy extension is written in C++ it needs to be compiled for
the host system before it can be accessed from Python.
In order to compile and install the source, I executed
python setup.py install
from the directory where Pcapy's distribution has been unpacked.

Now, I am getting the following error,

C:\pcapy-0.10.4>python setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_ext
building 'pcapy' extension
error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat

I request you to help me in solving this problem.

regards
Prashanth

Diez B. Roggisch

pranesh said:
[...]

This looks to my as if you are missing Visual C++, or at least it's not
properly set up.
I request you to help me in solving this problem.

I'm not a native-speaker - and I guess you aren't either. But "I request
you to help me" is rather rude, as well as your subject. "I kindly ask
you to help me" would be better I'd say.

Diez