HI help with perl

prash

Hello everybody,

I am new to perl and have been learning it. I urgently need some
example scripts of implementing linux/unix commands like ls, useradd,
mkdir etc using perl.
Please send me the scripts ASAP
thanks in advance for the help.
regards,
pras

Anno Siegel

prash said:
Hello everybody,

I am new to perl and have been learning it. I urgently need some
example scripts of implementing linux/unix commands like ls, useradd,
mkdir etc using perl.

Implementing or calling? There's a difference.
Please send me the scripts ASAP

This is not a distribution service of ready-made scripts.

For how to call system commands from Perl, look up exec and system
in perlfunc, and find "backticks" in perlop. If you have problems
using them, post your attempts and we can see about correcting them.

Anno

prash

Hi,

What i mean is I want to know how to write a perl script that produces
results similar to unix commands like ls, useradd, etc..
I would like to implement unix commands using perl. Is this possible.
Please help.

thx

Babacio

prash said:
Hi,

What i mean is I want to know how to write a perl script that produces
results similar to unix commands like ls, useradd, etc..
I would like to implement unix commands using perl. Is this possible.
Please help.

You shouldn't top post. You should try to do something, and if does
not work, ask for help to debug it.

As a start, this is a poor man's ls in perl. (Very poor man, indeed)

perl -e 'while(glob("*")){print "$_\n";}'

Josef Moellers

prash said:
Hi,

What i mean is I want to know how to write a perl script that produces
results similar to unix commands like ls, useradd, etc..
I would like to implement unix commands using perl. Is this possible.

Yes, it is possible.
Please help.

Help? How can we help if you don't do anything?

Post some code and describe what you think it does and what it actually
does.
_Then_ we'll help refining your code.

A. Sinan Unur

@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

[ Please do not top-post ]
What i mean is I want to know how to write a perl script that produces
results similar to unix commands like ls, useradd, etc..
I would like to implement unix commands using perl. Is this possible.
Please help.

Have you even tried searching Google or CPAN:

http://ppt.perl.org/

http://search.cpan.org/~mschwern/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-
6.30/lib/ExtUtils/Command.pm

Now, please go ahead, and read the posting guidelines for this group.

Sinan