Hi I am new to asp i can not get it to work on xp pro sp2 even though the localhost work but asp pag

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by craig dicker, Jul 6, 2005.

  1. craig dicker

    craig dicker Guest

    craig dicker, Jul 6, 2005

  2. craig dicker

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Re: Hi I am new to asp i can not get it to work on xp pro sp2 eventhough the localhost work but asp pages dont so can some one help

    What's the error?

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com

    Curt_C [MVP], Jul 6, 2005

  3. craig dicker

    craig dicker Guest

    Server Application Error
    The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the
    processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail
    information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.

    craig dicker, Jul 6, 2005
  4. craig dicker

    craig dicker wrote:
    > Server Application Error
    > The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the
    > processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail
    > information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.
    >
    > "Curt_C [MVP]" <software_at_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>What's the error?
    >>
    >>--
    >>Curt Christianson
    >>site: http://www.darkfalz.com
    >>blog: http://blog.darkfalz.com

    Turn off friendly error messages and check the event log, whats in there?

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com

    Curt_C [MVP], Jul 6, 2005
  5. craig dicker

    craig dicker Guest

    where is the log held can you show me where

    craig dicker, Jul 6, 2005
  6. Do you mean asp or asp.net ?

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/
    Foros de ASP.NET en Español
    Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
    ======================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 6, 2005
  7. craig dicker

    craig dicker wrote:
    > where is the log held can you show me where
    >
    > "Curt_C [MVP]" <software_at_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>craig dicker wrote:
    >>
    >>>Server Application Error
    >>>The server has encountered an error while loading an application during
    >>>the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more
    >>>detail information. Please contact the server administrator for
    >>>assistance.
    >>>
    >>>"Curt_C [MVP]" <software_at_darkfalz.com> wrote in message

    >>Turn off friendly error messages and check the event log, whats in there?
    >>
    >>--
    >>Curt Christianson
    >>site: http://www.darkfalz.com
    >>blog: http://blog.darkfalz.com

    The EVENT LOG, its part of Windows... go to your control panel.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com

    Curt_C [MVP], Jul 6, 2005
  8. craig dicker

    craig dicker Guest

    I can not get either to work

    craig dicker, Jul 7, 2005
  9. What error message are you getting ?
    And...is it the same error message for both ?

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/
    Foros de ASP.NET en Español
    Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
    ======================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 7, 2005
  10. If that's the error you're getting,
    I'd uninstall and reinstall IIS 5.1.

    You're missing a class registration, and sleuthing that will
    probably be a lot more complicated than a simple uninstall/reinstall.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/
    Foros de ASP.NET en Español