hi, is there any C runtime library in coff .obj format?

nirvana

Walter said:
Yes there is.

But as you probably didn't meant to play Historical Trivia, you
probably should have been specific about the OS and OS version.
Thank you very much , can you give some links?

Walter Roberson

Thank you very much , can you give some links?

Silicon Graphics (SGI) IRIX release 4.* was entirely coff.
SGI introduced ELF support somewhere around IRIX 5.1, but maintained
the COFF runtimes for backwards compatability for the entire IRIX 5.*
stream, and (if I recall correctly) in IRIX 6.1 (but not 6.0, and
not 6.2 or later.)

Timeframe: approximately 3Q 1993 that SGI introduced ELF. IRIX 6.0
was announced in 2Q 1994, but IRIX 6 and IRIX 5 had overlapping sales
lives.