    it just makes me feel confusing ...
    what does ^ mean , and how to use it .

    thanks,
    Baby Lion, Sep 26, 2007

  2. Baby Lion wrote:
    > it just makes me feel confusing ...
    > what does ^ mean , and how to use it .

    The meaning of ^ in the subject line is unknow in comp.lang.c++
    because it's *not C++*. Please ask in the appropriate newsgroup.
    Look for one with 'dotnet' it its name.

    In C++ ^ is the Exclusive OR operator.

    Victor Bazarov, Sep 26, 2007

  3. Baby Lion

    Barry Guest

    Baby Lion wrote:
    > it just makes me feel confusing ...
    > what does ^ mean , and how to use it .
    >
    > thanks,

    It's C++/CLR, not standard C++. String^ is a reference class define like

    ref class String

    it's OT here,
    try some dot net NG.

    --
    Thanks
    Barry
    Barry, Sep 26, 2007
  4. Baby Lion

    James Kanze Guest

    On Sep 26, 4:15 pm, Baby Lion <> wrote:
    > it just makes me feel confusing ...
    > what does ^ mean , and how to use it .

    Generally, ^ means exclusive or, and it can only appear in
    expressions.

    In the example in your subject line, it means that you're not
    dealing with a C++ program, but a program in some other
    language, and that you'll have to ask about it in a forum
    dedicated to that language. (It's not a language I know, but
    there are a lot of languages I don't know: C#, perhaps?)

    --
    James Kanze (GABI Software) email:
    James Kanze, Sep 27, 2007
  5. On Sep 26, 3:38 pm, Barry <> wrote:
    > Baby Lion wrote:
    > > it just makes me feel confusing ...
    > > what does ^ mean , and how to use it .

    > > thanks,

    > It's C++/CLR, not standard C++.

    That should read C++/CLI, although googling
    C++/CLR turns up a fair few hits so the
    confusion is apparently quite widespread.
    A "binding" say Microsoft, a completely different
    language say others.

    > it's OT here,
    > try some dot net NG.

    Yes.