Hibernate connection pool

folamour

Hello,
Using Hibernate 3 with Tomcat 5, I wonder if it is better to use
Tomcat connexion pool or c3p0 ??
Can someone tell me wich is the best (and why ?)

thanks,
folamour.

javabuddha

We are using Hibernate 3 with JTDS, and JTDS recommends either C3P0
or Jakarta DBCP for connection pool. We decided to go with the
DBCP because it's part of the Apache projects and we figured there will
be more
people working on it. No problem so far.

JDBC connection pool has been around for a while, I doubt if you will
run into any
problem with either one actually.

Good luck,

Matt