Hibernate Update POJO from JSP

mdjj

What's the best approach when updating a Hibernate Persistent Object?

I've got a web app, it's retrieved it's data via a Hibernate POJO and
displayed it in a jsp.
Now if a user updates that data I will want to save the changes using
session.update.

As far as I can see the POJO has gone as it's only available for the
request? Hasn't it?

Do I have to reload it using session.load, set it's data from the jsps
values and then issue session.update or are there other approaches I'm
missing?