Hidden code in emails

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Daniel, Apr 17, 2008.

  1. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Hi,

    at the moment I'm working on my diploma thesis, my topic is HTML-Code
    in emails. I should try to hide javascript-, vba- or html-code in an
    email so that the addressee is not able to see it - the addressee only
    sees the text.

    My teacher would like to see what is possible over hidden html-/
    javascript- or vba-code and whether it's possible to execute files or
    whether it's possible to do any damage like viruses/Trojans with this
    hidden code.

    Does anybody have tips or helpful links/documents about this topic?

    thanks in advance
    Daniel
    Daniel, Apr 17, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Daniel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > at the moment I'm working on my diploma thesis, my topic is HTML-Code
    > in emails. I should try to hide javascript-, vba- or html-code in an
    > email so that the addressee is not able to see it - the addressee only
    > sees the text.
    >
    > My teacher would like to see what is possible over hidden html-/
    > javascript- or vba-code and whether it's possible to execute files or
    > whether it's possible to do any damage like viruses/Trojans with this
    > hidden code.
    >
    > Does anybody have tips or helpful links/documents about this topic?


    Script-kiddie wantatabe looking for tips? I don't think anybody here
    will assist you, we all have enough problems with spam.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 17, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Daniel

    Bergamot Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    >>
    >> My teacher would like to see what is possible over hidden html-/
    >> javascript- or vba-code and whether it's possible to execute files or
    >> whether it's possible to do any damage like viruses/Trojans with this
    >> hidden code.

    >
    > Script-kiddie wantatabe looking for tips? I don't think anybody here
    > will assist you, we all have enough problems with spam.


    Besides, any sane person would have scripting disabled in their mail
    program. Even MS has it disabled by default now.

    --
    Berg
    Bergamot, Apr 17, 2008
    #3
  4. On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 02:43:43 -0700 (PDT), Daniel <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >at the moment I'm working on my diploma thesis, my topic is HTML-Code
    >in emails. I should try to hide javascript-, vba- or html-code in an
    >email so that the addressee is not able to see it - the addressee only
    >sees the text.
    >
    >My teacher would like to see what is possible over hidden html-/
    >javascript- or vba-code and whether it's possible to execute files or
    >whether it's possible to do any damage like viruses/Trojans with this
    >hidden code.
    >
    >Does anybody have tips or helpful links/documents about this topic?
    >
    >thanks in advance
    >Daniel


    We will consider your request as an hidden one ..... nobody can see it
    .....If this is true, your teacher is a stupide teacher ...or he try to
    be a spammer asking students to do the work for him :-(
    Raymond SCHMIT, Apr 17, 2008
    #4
  5. Bergamot wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >> Daniel wrote:
    >>> My teacher would like to see what is possible over hidden html-/
    >>> javascript- or vba-code and whether it's possible to execute files or
    >>> whether it's possible to do any damage like viruses/Trojans with this
    >>> hidden code.

    >> Script-kiddie wantatabe looking for tips? I don't think anybody here
    >> will assist you, we all have enough problems with spam.

    >
    > Besides, any sane person would have scripting disabled in their mail
    > program. Even MS has it disabled by default now.
    >


    Finally, but to slam MS some more, new "secure" IE's still offers "run"
    and with their download box for excutables!!!!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 17, 2008
    #5
  6. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    On 17 Apr., 16:26, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    > Bergamot wrote:
    > > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > >> Daniel wrote:
    > >>> My teacher would like to see what is possible over hidden html-/
    > >>> javascript- or vba-code and whether it's possible to execute files or
    > >>> whether it's possible to do any damage like viruses/Trojans with this
    > >>> hidden code.
    > >> Script-kiddie wantatabe looking for tips? I don't think anybody here
    > >> will assist you, we all have enough problems with spam.

    >
    > > Besides, any sane person would have scripting disabled in their mail
    > > program. Even MS has it disabled by default now.

    >
    > Finally, but to slam MS some more, new "secure" IE's still offers "run"
    > and with their download box for excutables!!!!
    >
    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan
    > -------------------
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com


    I'm not trying to spam anybody. I only do what my teacher demands from
    me and I hoped that maybe I can get some help in this group :/
    Daniel, Apr 17, 2008
    #6
  7. Daniel wrote:
    > On 17 Apr., 16:26, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    >> Bergamot wrote:
    >>> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >>>> Daniel wrote:
    >>>>> My teacher would like to see what is possible over hidden html-/
    >>>>> javascript- or vba-code and whether it's possible to execute files or
    >>>>> whether it's possible to do any damage like viruses/Trojans with this
    >>>>> hidden code.
    >>>> Script-kiddie wantatabe looking for tips? I don't think anybody here
    >>>> will assist you, we all have enough problems with spam.
    >>> Besides, any sane person would have scripting disabled in their mail
    >>> program. Even MS has it disabled by default now.

    >> Finally, but to slam MS some more, new "secure" IE's still offers "run"
    >> and with their download box for excutables!!!!


    >
    > I'm not trying to spam anybody. I only do what my teacher demands from
    > me and I hoped that maybe I can get some help in this group :/


    You won't find folks where to give you instruction on how to build a
    "dirty-bomb" either.

    If this is for a college thesis, you should have enough technical
    expertise to know what is involved and ramifications of such code. You
    would not need to has for help here. Frankly I do not believe you. Post
    the email of this "professor", some on here will set him straight....

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 17, 2008
    #7
  8. Daniel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > at the moment I'm working on my diploma thesis, my topic is HTML-Code
    > in emails. I should try to hide javascript-, vba- or html-code in an
    > email so that the addressee is not able to see it - the addressee only
    > sees the text.
    >
    > My teacher would like to see what is possible over hidden html-/
    > javascript- or vba-code and whether it's possible to execute files or
    > whether it's possible to do any damage like viruses/Trojans with this
    > hidden code.
    >
    > Does anybody have tips or helpful links/documents about this topic?


    Besides what everyone else has said, I don't even understand your
    situation. It's like writing a diploma thesis on how to embed a
    cross-browser Flash presentation in a web page or on how to get the best
    results from roasting a pork shoulder. I mean, the explanations are out
    there, they take a few paragraphs or a couple of pages to explain, and
    then they're done. Copy and paste. It's hardly a thesis topic.
    Harlan Messinger, Apr 17, 2008
    #8
  9. Sherman Pendley wrote:
    > Harlan Messinger <> writes:
    >
    >> Besides what everyone else has said, I don't even understand your
    >> situation. It's like writing a diploma thesis on how to embed a
    >> cross-browser Flash presentation in a web page or on how to get the
    >> best results from roasting a pork shoulder. I mean, the explanations
    >> are out there, they take a few paragraphs or a couple of pages to
    >> explain, and then they're done. Copy and paste. It's hardly a thesis
    >> topic.

    >
    > Note that he said "diploma thesis" - not "PhD thesis."


    I understand, but still, in my vocabulary (and I realize this is one of
    those things that probably varies by country), "thesis" nevertheless
    implies an honors paper of non-trivial length and significant research
    in consultation with an advisor, not something you can complete by
    finding a couple of blog entries on line and copying them down.

    > Assuming that he's
    > really taking a class at all, I suspect this to be a final project at a
    > diploma mill.
    Harlan Messinger, Apr 18, 2008
    #9
  10. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    On 18 Apr., 02:54, Harlan Messinger
    <> wrote:
    > Sherman Pendley wrote:
    > > Harlan Messinger <> writes:

    >
    > >> Besides what everyone else has said, I don't even understand your
    > >> situation. It's like writing a diploma thesis on how to embed a
    > >> cross-browser Flash presentation in a web page or on how to get the
    > >> best results from roasting a pork shoulder. I mean, the explanations
    > >> are out there, they take a few paragraphs or a couple of pages to
    > >> explain, and then they're done. Copy and paste. It's hardly a thesis
    > >> topic.

    >
    > > Note that he said "diploma thesis" - not "PhD thesis."

    >
    > I understand, but still, in my vocabulary (and I realize this is one of
    > those things that probably varies by country), "thesis" nevertheless
    > implies an honors paper of non-trivial length and significant research
    > in consultation with an advisor, not something you can complete by
    > finding a couple of blog entries on line and copying them down.
    >
    > > Assuming that he's
    > > really taking a class at all, I suspect this to be a final project at a
    > > diploma mill.



    Sure, it's a written "work" (should be about 30-40-sided). And my
    teacher wants that I explain with some examples, what I can do with
    html, javascript and other codes in emails.
    Daniel, Apr 19, 2008
    #10
  11. On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 03:53:49 -0700 (PDT), Daniel <>
    wrote:

    >On 18 Apr., 02:54, Harlan Messinger
    ><> wrote:
    >> Sherman Pendley wrote:
    >> > Harlan Messinger <> writes:

    >>
    >> >> Besides what everyone else has said, I don't even understand your
    >> >> situation. It's like writing a diploma thesis on how to embed a
    >> >> cross-browser Flash presentation in a web page or on how to get the
    >> >> best results from roasting a pork shoulder. I mean, the explanations
    >> >> are out there, they take a few paragraphs or a couple of pages to
    >> >> explain, and then they're done. Copy and paste. It's hardly a thesis
    >> >> topic.

    >>
    >> > Note that he said "diploma thesis" - not "PhD thesis."

    >>
    >> I understand, but still, in my vocabulary (and I realize this is one of
    >> those things that probably varies by country), "thesis" nevertheless
    >> implies an honors paper of non-trivial length and significant research
    >> in consultation with an advisor, not something you can complete by
    >> finding a couple of blog entries on line and copying them down.
    >>
    >> > Assuming that he's
    >> > really taking a class at all, I suspect this to be a final project at a
    >> > diploma mill.

    >
    >
    >Sure, it's a written "work" (should be about 30-40-sided). And my
    >teacher wants that I explain with some examples, what I can do with
    >html, javascript and other codes in emails.


    Anyone with any sense has Javascript disabled in their email program.

    If not -> PLEASE DO IT IMMEDIATELY !!!
    Raymond SCHMIT, Apr 22, 2008
    #11
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Alex
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    9,135
  2. freenews.netfront.net
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    3,890
    Daniel Fisher\(lennybacon\)
    Nov 14, 2005
  3. Muddy Coder
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    329
  4. Rick
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    8,138
    Alexey Smirnov
    Apr 13, 2010
  5. SolarCanine
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    264
    SolarCanine
    Sep 20, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page