hidden datagrid columns

KJ

I have a hidden template column and when I try to access it through
javascript(document.all[id of DIV in column]) it cannot find it. Is
this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Jos

KJ said:
I have a hidden template column and when I try to access it through
javascript(document.all[id of DIV in column]) it cannot find it. Is
this normal or am I doing something wrong?

This is normal.
Since the column is hidden, it is not rendered on the client, and JS can not
find it.
Its values are still there, in viewstate (if not turned off), but that's
something JS can not access.

Eliyahu Goldin

If you need to access the values on the client, you should hide the column
with stylesheet rule display:none applied to both ItemStyle and HeaderStyle.

Eliyahu