hidden fields now showing in grid in asp.net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by simon, Jun 19, 2008.

  1. simon

    simon Guest

    hello.
    i'm trying to convert a site i work on to be "ajax enabled"
    so far basically working out, but i have an issue that has me stumped.

    we have a page that is basically a control panel that is made up of a
    bunch of portlets that are nothing more than controls on an asp page.
    each portlet is basically a grid. so the page has 5 boxes on it (each
    being a control "ascx" file)

    each of these portlets/controls, the hidden fields are showing. this
    is only happening in the user control grids, not in any other grids
    that are directly displayed (coded) on the page.

    any suggestions on how to correct/debug/etc? i've searched all over
    the net and remember seeing a post on a page talking about this issue,
    but i can no longer find the page. ugh.

    if i can provide any more info or code, just let me know
    we are using vb.net and .net 2.0 and the latest ajax builds

    thanks for any help!

    simon, Jun 19, 2008

  2. simon

    Munna Guest

    very strange problem!...

    did you your usercontrols grid also work in normal page?

    did you set any DataKeyNames property of gridview?

    Munna, Jun 19, 2008