hidden fields now showing in grid in asp.net

simon

hello.
i'm trying to convert a site i work on to be "ajax enabled"
so far basically working out, but i have an issue that has me stumped.

we have a page that is basically a control panel that is made up of a
bunch of portlets that are nothing more than controls on an asp page.
each portlet is basically a grid. so the page has 5 boxes on it (each
being a control "ascx" file)

each of these portlets/controls, the hidden fields are showing. this
is only happening in the user control grids, not in any other grids
that are directly displayed (coded) on the page.

any suggestions on how to correct/debug/etc? i've searched all over
the net and remember seeing a post on a page talking about this issue,
but i can no longer find the page. ugh.

if i can provide any more info or code, just let me know
we are using vb.net and .net 2.0 and the latest ajax builds

thanks for any help!

Munna

very strange problem!...

did you your usercontrols grid also work in normal page?

did you set any DataKeyNames property of gridview?