Hidden llist box does not populate

dbuchanan

I intend to populate a listBox from the database for later use. (the intent
for doing this is irrelevant to this questrion)

The list box when hidden is never populated. The list box when visible is
always populatd. How do I populate it even though it remains hidden?

Thanks,
Doug

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Thanks for Mark's informative input.

Hi Doug,

I also suggest you use the "display" css style to hide the ListBox rather
than use ASP.NET server-side "Visible" property. This is because css style
only hide the client-side html element display, but won't affect the
server-side control's population(or other processing). However, setting
the server-side Visible property will make the control not considered
existing on the page's control collection.

Anyway, the "display" css style is also very useful when you want to use
script to show/hide an certain control/html element on the page.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(e-mail address removed).