    I am currently working on a e com and for long and complicated reasons I need to have a <select> form element hidden. Is there a way to do this?

    TIA,
    Kelly

    Kelly, Jun 3, 2004

  2. Kelly

    Els Guest

    Kelly wrote:

    > I am currently working on a e com and for long and complicated reasons I need to have a <select> form element hidden. Is there a way to do this?

    Not sure if this is what you mean?
    <select name="menu" style="visibility:hidden;">

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Jun 3, 2004

  3. Kelly

    Kelly Guest

    perfect thanks, I didn't even know that existed.

    Kelly, Jun 3, 2004
  4. Kelly

    Els Guest

    Kelly wrote:

    > "Els" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Kelly wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am currently working on a e com and for long and complicated reasons I
    >>>need to have a <select> form element hidden. Is there a way to do this?

    >>Not sure if this is what you mean?
    >><select name="menu" style="visibility:hidden;">

    > perfect thanks, I didn't even know that existed.

    More exciting stuff for you here then:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-CSS21-20040225/cover.html#minitoc
    ;-)

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Jun 3, 2004
  5. Kelly

    Mitja Guest

    Kelly <>
    (news:Q%Lvc.661770$Ig.426300@pd7tw2no) wrote:
    > "Els" <> wrote in message
    >> Kelly wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am currently working on a e com and for long and complicated
    >>> reasons I

    > need to have a <select> form element hidden. Is there a way to do
    > this?
    >>
    >> Not sure if this is what you mean?
    >> <select name="menu" style="visibility:hidden;">
    >>

    > perfect thanks, I didn't even know that existed.

    style="display:none" will probably do an even better job.

    Mitja, Jun 4, 2004
  6. "Kelly" <> wrote in message news:<_hLvc.658020$oR5.365650@pd7tw3no>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am currently working on a e com and for long and complicated reasons I
    > need to have a <select> form element hidden. Is there a way to do this?

    If the select element is hidden, you won't be able to change it, so
    what's the point of hiding it? You may as well use <input
    type="hidden" ...>, surely?

    --
    Hywel

    Hywel Jenkins, Jun 4, 2004