Hidding information in ASP.Net

Sam Carleton

Ok, have posted here before, but as a refresher, I have 8 years
experience as a C/C++ Windows developer. Currently I am working on my
first real web site using ASP.Net. I must admit that so far it has been
a lot of fun, but the way one must thing about things is very different
from what I know and love:)

I have worked though the "Walkthrough: Validating User Input in a Web
Forms Page" and have my form, now I need to do something with the data.
The form is a simple request form. I would like to email the contents
to an email account and to display the data entered back on the same
page, without the form showing up.

I am currently using a standard HTML table to contain all the web form
controls. I am guessing that there is some way to set the HTML table's
visibility state to false. Am I right? If this is not the correct
approach, what approach should I take?

This is only phase one of this page. The next phase is going to call
for the page to contain a tab control with two tabs, one for this
request form and another to display data. Something like this page
<http://tinyurl.com/2podh> with the Accessories, Features,
Specifications, and Items Includes. I have a feeling that it will be up
to me to handle the tabs, which I can figure out, just more navigation.
My concern is the content, how do I control the content in the box in
ASP.Net?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Sam

Kevin Spencer

You can set the Visibility of an HtmlTable as long as it is designated
runat=server.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer