Hidding/Showing Form Field

A P

Hi!

My first question was, can I hide a form field and make it visible upon
selecting a particular value on a dropdown select field? Hoping for your
immediate response.

Me

Adrienne

Hi!

My first question was, can I hide a form field and make it visible upon
selecting a particular value on a dropdown select field? Hoping for
your immediate response.

Are you talking about after the form is posted, or before? If it's
before then you need to look into some client side script, probably a
little javascript mixed with some CSS.

If you're talking about a form that posts to itself, then you could do:
<% if request.form("selectboxvalue") = "whatevervalue" then %>
<input type="text" name="somename" id="someid" value="somevalue" />
<% else %>
<input type="hidden" name="somename" id="someid" value="somevalue" />
<% end if %>

Evertjan.

A P wrote on 24 jan 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
My first question was, can I hide a form field and make it visible upon
selecting a particular value on a dropdown select field? Hoping for your
immediate response.

since this has nothing to do with serverside ASP,
please restrict your Q to relevant NGs

A P

What I mean was this, can I hide a textbox field including the row where the
field is located?

Steven Burn said:
Yes... just replace the line containing <input ......> with your <option
....>... tag (really should consider using JS for this though as it's
creating more work than is necessary).

Roland Hall

in message : What I mean was this, can I hide a textbox field including the row where
the
: field is located?

Please post your responses inline or at the bottom.

Does this help?
http://kiddanger.com/lab/showhide2.html

The white pants are on sale.

--