Hide ASPX Extension

Matt

I currently have a client that is okay with us using Microsoft development
products but do not want their customers to see the aspx extension on any of
the web pages. I played around with creating an HTTPHandler that masks the
fact that the URL's are not aspx pages. I wonder if anyone else has come
across this and would like express a better solution or one that is
available to make sure I cover all the bases with doing this.

Thanks,

Matt

Guest

You could try changing the extentions, to whatever, and then redirecting the
IIS config to point the ASPNet dll's to that extention.

You're probably better off in an IIS group on this one though, since its not
really a coding issue, but a server config one.

JIMCO Software

Matt said:
I currently have a client that is okay with us using Microsoft
development products but do not want their customers to see the aspx
extension on any of the web pages. I played around with creating an
HTTPHandler that masks the fact that the URL's are not aspx pages. I
wonder if anyone else has come across this and would like express a
better solution or one that is available to make sure I cover all the
bases with doing this.

An HttpHandler is the correct choice here.

--
Jim Cheshire
JIMCO Software

FrontPage add-ins for FrontPage 2000 - 2003

Guest

This is OT but you say view screenshot. I'm not seeing it for some reason.
Same as i didn't in one of your replies to my thread earlier.

Guest

screenshots wont come in on the web interface.. and even in an NNTP reader
they are usually a "no no"....

John Morales

Hello Curt_C [MVP] software_at_darkfalz.com,

i can see attachments fine, using omea reader, just another nntp reader.
I'm not sure whats the problem.