Hide code form other FTP users

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Nick Ashton, Jul 4, 2003.

  1. Nick Ashton

    Nick Ashton Guest

    Hi

    Whilst browsing the MSDN on day, I am sure I saw an
    article on 'How to encode your ASP code within the asp
    page', but I can not find it again. Can anyone help me
    please.

    If I remember the article correctly, before putting the
    page on the server, you add special tags before and after
    any sensitive code. You then upload the page to any asp
    server and when called, the server will re-write the page,
    encodeing the requirerd section to make it un readable (to
    the average person) from then on.

    The problem is that I have to upload code (that I have
    spent months working on) to another developers web space,
    and I would like them not to have the oppertunity of
    reading it. It is not that I don't trust them, just I
    would like some privacy on this.

    Nick

    Nick Ashton, Jul 4, 2003

  2. Nick Ashton

    Evertjan. Guest

    Nick Ashton wrote on 04 jul 2003 in
    > Whilst browsing the MSDN on day, I am sure I saw an
    > article on 'How to encode your ASP code within the asp
    > page', but I can not find it again. Can anyone help me
    > please.
    >
    > If I remember the article correctly, before putting the
    > page on the server, you add special tags before and after
    > any sensitive code. You then upload the page to any asp
    > server and when called, the server will re-write the page,
    > encodeing the requirerd section to make it un readable (to
    > the average person) from then on.
    >
    > The problem is that I have to upload code (that I have
    > spent months working on) to another developers web space,
    > and I would like them not to have the oppertunity of
    > reading it. It is not that I don't trust them, just I
    > would like some privacy on this.
    >
    > Nick

    You can hide it from http users,
    but not from authorised ftp users with asp code,
    because asp code won't be executed on a ftp read.

    Start your secret.asp page with:

    <%
    response.redirect "\404.asp"
    %>