Hide code form other FTP users

Nick Ashton

Hi

Whilst browsing the MSDN on day, I am sure I saw an
article on 'How to encode your ASP code within the asp
page', but I can not find it again. Can anyone help me
please.

If I remember the article correctly, before putting the
page on the server, you add special tags before and after
any sensitive code. You then upload the page to any asp
server and when called, the server will re-write the page,
encodeing the requirerd section to make it un readable (to
the average person) from then on.

The problem is that I have to upload code (that I have
spent months working on) to another developers web space,
and I would like them not to have the oppertunity of
reading it. It is not that I don't trust them, just I
would like some privacy on this.

Nick

Evertjan.

Nick Ashton wrote on 04 jul 2003 in
Whilst browsing the MSDN on day, I am sure I saw an
article on 'How to encode your ASP code within the asp
page', but I can not find it again. Can anyone help me
please.

If I remember the article correctly, before putting the
page on the server, you add special tags before and after
any sensitive code. You then upload the page to any asp
server and when called, the server will re-write the page,
encodeing the requirerd section to make it un readable (to
the average person) from then on.

The problem is that I have to upload code (that I have
spent months working on) to another developers web space,
and I would like them not to have the oppertunity of
reading it. It is not that I don't trust them, just I
would like some privacy on this.

Nick

You can hide it from http users,
but not from authorised ftp users with asp code,
because asp code won't be executed on a ftp read.

Start your secret.asp page with:

<%
response.redirect "\404.asp"
%>