Hide Console Window

Discussion in 'C++' started by xfadeuk@googlemail.com, Oct 3, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I have a requirement to create a simple window switching program, which
    switches between 2 windows when the specified hotkey is pressed. I have
    managed to accomplish this fairly easilly although I want to hide the
    console window that is shown when my application is run.

    Here is my code:

    #include <windows.h>
    #include <winuser.h>

    const char g_szClassName[] = "myWindowClass";

    int SwitchWindow(HWND currentHwnd)
    {
    HWND msnHwnd = FindWindow(NULL, "this is a test.txt - Notepad");
    HWND npHwnd = FindWindow(NULL, "work.txt - Notepad");

    if(currentHwnd == msnHwnd) {
    ShowWindow(npHwnd,SW_RESTORE);
    SetForegroundWindow(npHwnd);
    }
    else if(currentHwnd == npHwnd) {
    ShowWindow(msnHwnd,SW_RESTORE);
    SetForegroundWindow(msnHwnd);
    }
    return 0;
    }

    LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND hwnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM
    lParam)
    {
    switch(msg) {
    case WM_CLOSE:
    DestroyWindow(hwnd);
    break;
    case WM_DESTROY:
    PostQuitMessage(0);
    break;
    case WM_HOTKEY:
    SwitchWindow(GetForegroundWindow());
    break;
    default:
    return DefWindowProc(hwnd, msg, wParam, lParam);
    }
    return 0;
    }

    int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR
    lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow)
    {
    WNDCLASSEX wc;
    HWND hwnd;
    MSG Msg;

    wc.cbSize = sizeof(WNDCLASSEX);
    wc.style = 0;
    wc.lpfnWndProc = WndProc;
    wc.cbClsExtra = 0;
    wc.cbWndExtra = 0;
    wc.hInstance = hInstance;
    wc.hIcon = LoadIcon(NULL, IDI_APPLICATION);
    wc.hCursor = LoadCursor(NULL, IDC_ARROW);
    wc.hbrBackground = (HBRUSH)(COLOR_WINDOW+1);
    wc.lpszMenuName = NULL;
    wc.lpszClassName = g_szClassName;
    wc.hIconSm = LoadIcon(NULL, IDI_APPLICATION);

    RegisterClassEx(&wc);

    hwnd = CreateWindowEx(WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE, g_szClassName, "The title
    of my window", WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, CW_USEDEFAULT, CW_USEDEFAULT, 150,
    150, NULL, NULL, hInstance, NULL);

    //ShowWindow(hwnd, SW_HIDE);
    //UpdateWindow(hwnd);

    RegisterHotKey(hwnd,999,0,VK_F3);

    while(GetMessage(&Msg, NULL, 0, 0) > 0) {
    TranslateMessage(&Msg);
    DispatchMessage(&Msg);
    }
    return Msg.wParam;
    }

    , Oct 3, 2006

  2. BobR Guest

    wrote in message
    <>...
    >I have a requirement to create a simple window switching program, which
    >switches between 2 windows when the specified hotkey is pressed. I have
    >managed to accomplish this fairly easilly although I want to hide the
    >console window that is shown when my application is run.

    In wxWidgets it's:

    MyWindow.Show(false);

    ..... BUT, that is also Off Topic in this NG!!

    C++ has no 'window' or 'console'. Try one of the microslut NGs, like:

    comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32

    [ I'll bet you get an answer in under 10 minutes there. ]

    --
    Bob R
    POVrookie

    BobR, Oct 4, 2006

    wrote:
    > I have a requirement to create a simple window switching program, which
    > switches between 2 windows when the specified hotkey is pressed. I have
    > managed to accomplish this fairly easilly although I want to hide the
    > console window that is shown when my application is run.

    try here: comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32

    , Oct 4, 2006