Hide datagrid TemplateColumn w/out using Cells collection

Guest

Hello,

I would like to hide an entire template column in a datagrid. I know I can
do this by a) adding columns at run-time instead of design-time, b) using
Cells(x) to set visible=false at run-time, and c) use findcontrol to get the
control(s) in the column and turn off at run-time. But to get rid of heading
and all, I want to set visible=false on the templatecolumn itself, to which
I'm not able to add an id, and which I can only do using an ordinal value for
Cells (which is prone to error). Any thoughts on how else to turn off an
entire column in a grid built at design-time?

Thanks,

Bill