Hide IE Toolbars

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Jamie Schwinn, Jul 22, 2005.

  1. I'm building a web app in asp.net and I'd like to have the IE window hide all
    of it's toolbars and run with just the title bar showing when the user
    browses to my internal intranet web app. I know this functionality is
    possible because MS CRM is able to reconfigure the IE window when the user
    browses to CRM. CRM has the following lines in web.config...

    <snip>

    <appSettings>
    <!--
    Launch in App Mode
    Determines whether or not MSCRM should be loaded in an browser window that
    does not have address, tool and menu bars. Turning this feature "On" makes
    the application easier to use, as the User is presented with less options and
    the Application itself (not IE) becomes the focus of their experience.
    Recommended Setting: "On"
    Values: "On" or "Off"
    -->

    <add key="AppMode" value="On"/>

    </appSettings>

    </snip>

    Anyone know how to enable this functionality or how this works in CRM? Or
    does CRM just close the window that opened it and relaunch another window
    without toolbars?

    Thanks...

    --
    Jamie Schwinn
    Small Business Systems

    Jamie Schwinn, Jul 22, 2005

  2. > I'm building a web app in asp.net

    Please go to an ASP.NET newsgroup, e.g.

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Jul 22, 2005