    bar, toolbar, etc. when loaded.

    I'm using this for a popup help system in an intranet web application.

    Thanks!

    Noozer, Mar 22, 2006

  2. __/ [ Noozer ] on Wednesday 22 March 2006 11:32 \__

    > Just wondering if it's possible to code a webpage so it will hide it's menu
    > bar, toolbar, etc. when loaded.
    >
    > I'm using this for a popup help system in an intranet web application.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Do not do this. Use the space which you have for page rendering and make no
    assumption about the Web browser used or manipulate peripheral objects. This
    thing you are trying to achieve is a definite no-no, even if it can be
    workable in one browser (guess which notorious one). Any attempt to
    implement browser-specific attributes encourages monoculture and lack of
    choice through unilateral off-the-edge extension (rather than reliance on
    standards).

    In general, any intervention with windows structure, size, decorations and
    the like is highly annoying to the user *EVEN* if it has an effect (e.g.
    Konqueror can have scrollbar colours manipulated /a la/ Internet Explorer).

    Hope it helps,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux ¦ PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

    Roy Schestowitz, Mar 22, 2006