    How could I do that ?

    Thanks,

    Olivier

    Olivier, Oct 22, 2005

  2. Olivier

    Gary Dale Guest

    Olivier wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to write some HTML code. The purpose of this is to create a
    > repository in which I can record informations.
    >
    > I want to to that with a table. In the last cell of a row, I put an image
    > and when I click on this image, I want to display information contained in
    > the next row (which is hidden. It contains the abstract of document).
    >
    > How could I do that ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Olivier

    I have a better solution. Do a search on CSS menus. You will find a way
    to make hovering the mouse over an element bring up some formerly hidden
    other element. It basically involves changing the value of the display
    attribute on hover.

    Alternativelly, you can do the same in javascript / ecmascript, but why
    bother?

    Gary Dale, Oct 22, 2005

  3. Gary Dale wrote:

    > You will find a way to make hovering the mouse over an element bring up
    > some formerly hidden other element.

    > Alternativelly, you can do the same in javascript / ecmascript, but why
    > bother?

    Scripting gives two major benefits:

    (1) Support by Internet Explorer without having very odd (and often very
    poor) link content.

    (2) Ease of adding keyboard control (not everybody uses a pointing device).

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Oct 23, 2005
  4. Olivier

    Olivier Guest

    I find a solution based on a small javacript code. But the space of the
    hidden row is always present. Is there a way to avoid this phenomena ?

    Thanks

    Olivier

    Olivier, Oct 24, 2005
  5. Olivier wrote:

    Please do NOT top post.
    http://www.html-faq.com/etiquette/?toppost

    > I find a solution based on a small javacript code. But the space of the
    > hidden row is always present. Is there a way to avoid this phenomena ?

    Its difficult to tell why something has an effect without knowing the
    specifics of the "something". I suggest you post a URL demonstrating your
    problem.

    (at an outside guess I'd say you need to toggle the .style.display property
    between "" and "none" instead of the .style.visibility property between ""
    and "hidden" - but that's just a guess)

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Oct 24, 2005