hide source

Leif K-Brooks

me-ron said:
How can I hide my code so people can't view my source

1) Open up your FTP client and log into your Web server.
2) Highlight your *.html files.
3) Find your keyboard and press the "Delete" key.

And you're done!

Travis Newbury

me-ron said:
How can I hide my code so people can't view my source

No one here will tell you because they are all premadonas and like to
keep these things to themselves so no one else knows about them. But I
refuse to be like everyone else so here is the code:

To do this you have to use an undocumented feature of the header tag in
HTML. The syntax is:

<head hidecode="[true|false|script|tag_name]">

true = all source is hidden
false (the default) = no source is hidden
script = just the script tags are hidden. (This is the most used
feature because it only hides your Javascript or VB script)
tag_name = you can choose a tag that you want hidden, like the object tag.

Most of the time you will just want to use true. By default it is set
to false (obviously or we would not be able to see any source code when
we view source.

Enjoy!

Roy Schestowitz

me-ron said:
How can I hide my code so people can't view my source

You can't. The best you can do is incorporate your methods into PHP, CGI or
the like. You then generate something that does not expose the methods like
JavaScript often does (I am not entirely sure about applets).

The Web is open. Don't hide your creation. If you have something to hide,
perhaps you ought to revise your code.

Roy

Joel Shepherd

Travis said:
me-ron said:
How can I hide my code so people can't view my source

To do this you have to use an undocumented feature of the header tag in
HTML. The syntax is:

<head hidecode="[true|false|script|tag_name]">

To the OP: please ignore this cargo-cult nonsense. This is a poor
alternative to the proper solution, which is to configure your server to
send the appropriate HTTP headers: content-visibility in this case. It
uses the same values -- with the same effect -- as the hidecode
attribute. However, the hidecode attribute was deprecated in HTML 2, and
eventually browsers will stop supporting it (a few user agents --
Googlebot and Firefox in particular -- don't support it now). However,
the HTTP header will be with us forever.

Keep up the great work!

Jukka K. Korpela

Travis Newbury said:
To do this you have to use an undocumented feature of the header
tag in
HTML. The syntax is:

<head hidecode="[true|false|script|tag_name]">

That won't work alone; you also need the following attribute into the
<head> tag:

profile="rot13:V-jnag-gb-uvqr-zl-fbhepr-orpnhfr-V-nz-nfunzrq-bs-vg"

Leif K-Brooks

Travis said:
To do this you have to use an undocumented feature of the header tag in
HTML. The syntax is:

<head hidecode="[true|false|script|tag_name]">

No, no no! That presentational HTML crud is deprecated in HTML 4.0, and
the strict doctype won't even allow it! Such things are properly handled
with CSS:

@media viewsource {
* {
display: none;

Nico Schuyt

1) Open up your FTP client and log into your Web server.
2) Highlight your *.html files.
3) Find your keyboard and press the "Delete" key.
And you're done!

Be cautious with such advices. A novice might follow your instructions :)

saz

ron2215 said:
How can I hide my code so people can't view my source
You can't. Even if you employ every technique avalable, anyone can
download the site to their hard drive with HTTrack and open the pages
with any text editor.

Andy Dingley

It was somewhere outside Barstow when "Nico Schuyt"
A novice might follow your instructions :)

Then they won't be such a newbie any more !

(a grizzled BOFH of my aquaintance accidentally hit rm -rf recently
and took out his whole site. Even the experienced can do this
sometimes)

Travis Newbury

Joel said:
To the OP: please ignore this cargo-cult nonsense. This is a poor
alternative to the proper solution, which is to configure your server to
send the appropriate HTTP headers: content-visibility in this case....

Nice, your worse than I am...}