Hide Status Bar & Address Bar while file downloads, asp.net 2.0

axelman

Hi everybody, sorry if this seems stupid but I'm a newbie :-( to all of
this.

I'm trying to hide the full file path in IE7 and IE6 while a user clicks on
alink on my page and downloads a file from my server, just want to open the
file download box but the path must remain invisible.

I've achieved this successfully in all other browsers (Fire fox, safari,
opera) with a simple call from my asp.net 2.0 page to a JavaScript function
that
only has a window.location(http://www.someaddress.com/myfile.zip), in an
external JavaScript file, like this:

<script type="text/JavaScript" src="somelink.js"></script>
</head>
true;" onmouseout="status='later';">Download File</a>

How can achieve the same functionality in IE7 and IE6, please any help would
be greatly appreciated this is urgent.

Thanks in advanced

bruce barker

you can't. for security IE removed this feature. I assume the other
browsers will also.

you should switch to a download page (say download.aspx) that knows the
file name (say via session) and performs the download.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)