    googled around but only found a solution using javascipt. Thank you.

    Alex
    , Jan 6, 2008

  2. Scripsit :

    > Does anyone know how to hide the value of a submit button using CSS?

    display: none

    Well, the entire button is hidden then, but you didn't specify any
    limitations.

    You could also try setting font-size to 1px (or 0, but then browsers
    might ignore it), though this cannot "work" on non-visual browsers or on
    browsers that have a minimum font size setting. Or you might set the
    color same as background-color, or set the width to 0 with overflow:
    hidden.

    > It would be usefull in order to make a website more accessible.

    Now that was a surprise. Are you sure you didn't mean "inaccessible"?

    > I googled around but only found a solution using javascipt.

    My trollometer makes some noises now.

    Unless you're just trying to make fun of us, please tell us what the
    real problem is. I mean the assumed problem that you're trying to solve
    with the odd goal of making a submit button appear without any text.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 6, 2008

  3. dorayme Guest

    In article <563gj.276750$>,
    "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote:

    > Scripsit :
    >
    > > Does anyone know how to hide the value of a submit button using CSS?

    > display: none
    >
    > Well, the entire button is hidden then, but you didn't specify any
    > limitations.

    You mean like when someone asks how to get rid of a mouse in a
    cupboard and is advised to get rid of the cupboard because they
    did not rule anything out?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jan 6, 2008
  4. Scripsit dorayme:

    >>> Does anyone know how to hide the value of a submit button using CSS?

    >> display: none
    >>
    >> Well, the entire button is hidden then, but you didn't specify any
    >> limitations.

    > You mean like when someone asks how to get rid of a mouse in a
    > cupboard and is advised to get rid of the cupboard because they
    > did not rule anything out?

    Surely that's one solution, if one is willing to get rid of the mouse at
    any cost.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 6, 2008
  5. Sean Guest

    On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 02:46:12 -0800, spaceoutlet wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anyone know how to hide the value of a submit button using CSS? It
    > would be usefull in order to make a website more accessible. I googled
    > around but only found a solution using javascipt. Thank you.
    >
    > Alex

    When you say you want to "hide" the values of the form being submitted,
    what exactly do you mean? If it's showing up in the URL, use POST
    instead of GET.

    Please don't crosspost.
    Sean, Jan 8, 2008