Hiding a column at the root of a plone site ...

Paul Ertz

Hello,

We would like to hide the left column for the main/home page of our
plone sites dynamically using a tal: expression. I figured out that I
need to customize the main_template file something like this:

metal:define-slot="column_one_slot"
tal:define="sectionlevel "
tal:condition="<if home/main page of plone site hide this column>">

What I haven't figured out, is how to identify that the current page is
the home page/at the root of the plone site. I found some examples on
the various lists and google, but have not been able to make them work.

python:here == here.portal_url.getPortalObject()
python: here.meta_type != 'Plone Site'"
python:here.getSectionFromURL()!='section-index' <works as long as the
main page is index and not front-page>

The below seems to work, but it seems like a hacky way to do
things.tal:condition="python:here.getSectionFromURL()!='section-index'
and here.getSectionFromURL()!='section-front-page'">

What it comes down to, I think, is wanting to check if we are at the
root (top) of the plone site or not.

Thanks much for any help.
paul ertz

bruno at modulix

Paul said:
Hello,

We would like to hide the left column for the main/home page of our
plone sites dynamically using a tal: expression.

Then please post on a Zope/Plone related mailing-list.